Business Process Solutions Manager
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the Process Excellence and Continuous Improvement analytical support, executing against strategic analytics roadmap by implementing standardized dashboards and applications across all BD End to End processes and in support of process improvement projects.
This group will drive purposeful outcomes by developing technological solutions to aid in process improvement for our customers, trading partners, and associates. We strive to be the respected team of choice to meet stakeholder process simplification needs, with a well-understood business value.
The ideal candidate for this role will be equal amounts project manager and analytics developer with a proven track record of successfully interpreting business needs into technological/analytics solutions.
- Project Manager: Demonstrated project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, keep up with evolving priorities, and complete work within establish timeframes in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-volume environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Analytics Developer: Have a proven track record of developing and implementation analytics solutions across different functions and business units to help solve process pain points.
This is a new team, and while we seek to understand what offerings will be most critical to our stakeholders, how we interact with them may evolve. The ideal candidate will want to be a part of that evolution and drive the group towards our long-term capability model goals and leading through ambiguity.
- This manager position will be an integral Process Excellence and Continuous Improvement Tools team player who is responsible for ensuring that we collaborate and partner with various experts to deliver meaningful and creative technological solutions to drive value for our stakeholders.
- Key responsibilities in designing and development of tools include:
Track the impact of all initiatives to assure benefit realization and utilize lessons learnt to improve execution of future projects.
Use project management tools to manage large and complex projects or programs.
Identify and define new opportunities to leverage technology and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that directly contribute to driving revenue growth, cost optimization and/or risk mitigation and compliance.
Develop strategies for optimal deployment and adoption of new technology capabilities, services and solutions across the business and/or the end-customers.
Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status and managing escalation and avoiding risk.
Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis.
Train, coach and support associates on technology such as Power BI, Power Apps, Celonis and Excel
Interpret data, analyze results using data science, machine learning, data visualization and statistical techniques for ongoing reports
Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
Design and develop applications using Power Apps that help improve current processes
Help identify operation analytic requirements and features, help prioritize the deployment of feature sets and partner with the users to drive the use of analytic information to help in the decision-making process.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record in several areas:
- Experience working with matrixed resources within assigned programs and/or projects
- Knowledge of End to End processes such as Plan to Forecast, Source to Pay, Quote to Cash, Plan to Deliver etc.
- Skilled in meeting facilitation, action item traction and follow up
- Be able to project a positive attitude and evoke positive responses from others
- Effective writing, speaking, and presentation skills required
- Strong data and technology management skills to include data acquisition, mining, analysis, data integrity management, metrics management, and action-oriented reporting
- Demonstrated experience with projects that portray an understanding of how to use data to drive business decisions and improve processes
- Understands vision and needs of the business; works with the stakeholders to define business value; Ensure requirements are testable; resolves business questions and issues; help manage trade-offs
- Living the BD Values: leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you; able to coach team members, align and work with diverse global stakeholders; accepting ownership.
- 5+ years of business working in analytics or technology area to drive process improvement
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 3 years’ developing applications in Power Apps; developing complex data models and dashboards in Power BI;
- 4+ years building and maintaining SQL databases; designing and developing UI/UX – including but not limited to website, mobile app development, and or graphic design work
- 4+ years of working with JDE & SAP systems either as a user or pulling data from the backend
- Experience combining multiple Office365 solutions to create an end to end mega solution
- R and/or Python experience desirable but not mandatory
- BS in Business Analytics, Economics, Information Management Systems or an equivalent degree in technology/analytics
- Lean Six Sigma or Agile certification
- Data Science or Analytics related certification preferred
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Additional LocationsUSA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ