General Ledger Accountant II
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Team Lead, this General Ledger Accountant II is responsible for supporting multiple business units and legal entities. This includes preparing and posting various monthly journal entries and performing the necessary reporting for each of these businesses. This position will be responsible to interact and communicate with the respective business units in order to facilitate any special operating and/or reporting requirements.
In addition, this position will be required to prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and quarterly reporting, including flux analysis. Annually this position will assist in the preparation of the tax package schedules for various companies and the preparation of additional year-end reporting requirements. The Accountant will also participate in SOX testing and special projects. They will assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports, as necessary. A person in this position is responsible to assure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives. This person will also take lead on multiple projects and provide oversight and guidance to other members. This position will maintain oversight of the offshore Treasury Relations Accounting team.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in multiple ERP environments while developing standard processes around these environments.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of general accounting activities in accordance with month and year end reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of GL payroll and stock option account
- Ensure that all processes and policies are compliant with Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
- Prepare Quarterly balance sheet analysis, review and remediation
- Assist internal/external auditors in periodic audits
- Identify and implement processes improvements in the GL system by researching and assessing established standardized work flow procedures and policies
- Communicate directly with multiple functions and businesses and senior management within the organization
- Ability to identify areas of issue and provide resolution
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with little direct supervision
- Ability to assist with workload balancing within a Team
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive payroll and financial statement transactions
- BS/BA in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited university required.
- Minimum 4 years experience in Accounting (General Ledger specifically)
- ERP experience (Oracle, Edward Jones, PeopleSoft, and/or Great Plains), SAP strongly preferred
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in working in a global shared service environment
- Direct experience in SAP 6.0
- Direct experience in Blackline Reconciliation Module
- High volume reconciliation experience a plus
- Cash/Treasury experience preferred
BD and Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate reporting to work at the site if/when associates are requested to return to the workplace.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ