Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryUnder the direction of the Complaints Management Manager, the Quality System Specialist II - Complaints Coordinator, will manage activities and procedures associated with complaints concerning BD products. This position will be responsible for processing of product complaints including but not limited to customer communication (e.g., Email’s, phone calls), maintenance of complaint files and responses to customers. This position will create final letters and or review for accuracy to ensure that all customers’ requirements have been met. This position will also be responsible for escalation of quality issues, to get resolution and or Business responses for the customer. Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the Complaints Management Manager as needed.
Must live in the San Antonio, TX area or be willing to relocate
- Manage the process of the complaint handling system including, receipt of complaints from all sources and all in process steps including data entry.
- Routing the complaint to appropriate location for further evaluation.
- Entering of the complaint into the complaint handling system
- Checking for complaint accuracy and content, correct information to process the complaint
- Provide training to personnel involved in overall complaint process as directed by management.
- Participates in all training classes including but not limited to, product training, regulatory training, compliance training and any testing involved.
- Maintains annually competencies through training and documentation of training.
- Contact the customer or vendor for further information or follow up.
- Acknowledgement to the customer of receipt and status of the complaint if needed.
- Sample routing when applicable, to the investigation site
- Interact with Health Care Workers, consumers, public and other professionals regarding their Quality concerns.
- Maintain customer relations via multiple means, written, verbal, phone call’s… etc.
- Contact customers as needed to provide updates to outstanding quality issues.
- Review of complaint prior to closure for accuracy and appropriateness of the letter content as well as follow up acknowledgement notice, if required.
- Triage customer escalations and escalate to the Business units for response and resolution as needed
- Perform history check on previously submitted complaints by customer to ensure that the customer is receiving an appropriate closing response.
- Ensure that the customer compliant complies with all relevant procedures
- Demonstrate technical competencies in mechanical, clinical and functional in relation to all BD products and areas.
- Remain current in product knowledge and any upgrades to complaint handling systems.
- Create and review closing letters for accuracy and to ensure right the first time approach to customer communications.
- Maintain expert knowledge level of the compliant handling system
- Provide feedback to management for compliant process improvement opportunities (e.g., complaints systems, final letters, escalations process, etc...)
- Provide training to peers as requested by management.
- Raise any escalated customer concerns to the next level of management
- May perform other duties as required
- BA or BS degree preferred and/or combination of education and relative experience in lieu of a degree. High school diploma required
- Minimum 1+ years of experience with Medical terminology, Nursing, Clinical or laboratory knowledge and familiarity with BD products
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in the complaint handling, medical device industry, customer relations, complaint trending, FDA/ISO regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality System standards and regulations including 21 CFR 803 & 820, ISO 13485 and Canadian Regulations
- Ability to work with customer system administrators and clinicians
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues and high pressure situations
- Expert level knowledge of the Complaints handling system
- Proven ability to multi-task and seamlessly move between business unit platforms.
- Ability to take ownership and think independently , with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of producing metrics and building reports.
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning and listening skills
- Must be able to communicate precisely and accurately to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for identifying creative solutions to complex customer issues’ ability to “think outside the box”
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality, customer service and patient safety
- Business and computer skills
- Must be motivated, self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA TX - San Antonio
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory