Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Disbursement)
Job Description Summary
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Disbursement) is responsible for payments and payment issue resolution for all locations serviced by the North America Shared Service Center (NASSC), and providing customer service as needed to ensure payments are timely and accurate. The role is responsible for process improvement and error resolution for the disbursements team.
You must be able to function effectively in a large team environment, demonstrate team player abilities by prioritizing team goals and achieving production metrics for self and the department, and be able to work in a changing environment, and communicate effectively with all levels of BD associates. A good understanding of the Requisition to Pay (RTP) process, including the steps preceding and succeeding invoice posting, is required. Must be willing to work in support of the Requisition to Pay (RTP) Team Leads and be committed to the success of the RTP department.
- Establishing and maintaining vendor and stakeholder relationships
- New hire and ongoing training
- Identifying areas for improvement in processing
- Acting as a Super User for SAP 6.0
- Included in filing annual IRS tax returns such as 1099s and 1042s, escheatment and outstanding check processing
- Interacting with external customers, business controllers, distributor relations, customer service and related transactional groups in order to accomplish tasks
- Resolving complex issues independently and handle the most sensitive issues with both internal and external customers
- Execution and disbursement of appropriate payment runs through various mechanisms. Perform audits by researching returned checks, outstanding checks, debit balances in vendor accounts, and duplicate payments
- Providing customer service and technical support of all check, ACH or manual payment issues in order to resolve and provide training on repetitive issues
- Continuous improvement activities by developing and implementing efficiencies within the departments that will add value to the process
- Participating in and facilitating lean initiatives such as shift start up meetings
- Strong knowledge of department policies and procedures as they pertain to the job function
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business/Public Administration from an accredited college/ university or closely related field, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in relevant disbursements/accounts payable required.
- A high school or GED degree with a minimum of four (4) years disbursements/accounts payable experience may be considered in lieu of stated above education and experience requirements.
- Experience working in a regional shared service center or manufacturing environment preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year working with vendor payment processing in SAP 6.0; preferably 3 years’ experience.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in use of banking systems to verify payments/data.
- A good understanding of the Requisition to Pay (RTP) process, including the steps preceding and succeeding invoice posting, is required.
Required Skills and Knowledge -must demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Excellent polished communication skills in order to interact with all levers of leadership and cross functionally.
- Must be able to constantly analyze, prioritize workload and problem-solve with minimal supervision with a strong sense of urgency.
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent prioritizing and time management skills
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and ERP system SAP.
- Proven track record of issue resolution in a timely manner.
- English fluency required (read, write, and speak). Bilingual in Spanish or French a plus.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ