Analyst 4, Information Security - Operations
Job Description Summary
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
This role will focus on BD’s hosted solutions to improve the security of products and solutions by design, in use and through partnership.
This person has experience with detecting and responding to information security incidents, maintaining, and following procedures for security alerting, and supporting security investigations. You are comfortable performing activities around monitoring, researching, classifying, and analyzing security events that occur focus on our hosted solutions platform.
This person has experience assisting with network analysis, intelligence tools and working across a matrixed environment to assess indicators and triage risk. You are comfortable providing fact-based reports to various levels of the organization within a fast-paced environment. You have previous SOC and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) experience, understand the fundamentals of reducing attack surfaces, and possess effective analytical skills.
Key Responsibilities (Top Tasks & Outcomes for Which This Position Will be Accountable)
- Performs network security analysis, log-centric analysis (SIEM) and other security tools
- Monitoring intrusion detection systems and identifying host and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies
- Triage alerts, collect data (i.e. full packet capture, application server logs, etc.) and diagnose observed activity
- Recognize threats and conduct analysis on those threats
- Provide written analysis of findings to communicate potential risks and impact in detailed reports
- Understand and report attacker Indicators of Compromise (IOCs)
- Analyze large volumes of network data for specific patterns or anomalies, to trend network activity
- Provide attack surface management training and development
- Manage risk reporting and escalation to cross-functional teams in a cooperative manner
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed, within a 24/7 Security Operations Center
Other responsibilities as necessary
- Perform risk identification and triage with incident management
- Assist with additional projects as needed
- 2-3 years’ experience in a security operations full-time role
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree required. Ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science, communication, or other technical discipline.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of computer operating systems, including Windows, IoS and Linux a plus
- Experience with intelligence tools and applications such as networking, firewalls and Azure a plus
- Knowledge of healthcare rubrics for vulnerability scoring and ATT&CK surface framework
- Detail-oriented with the ability to promptly assess documents for accuracy as well as consistency
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a positive and effective manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Preferred Certifications: CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler Certification, CISSP, HCISSP
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to understand internal controls and apply them to evaluate security and business processes
- Requires a highly motivated, dynamic and customer-centric associate who thrives in a challenging and changing environment
- Ability to prioritize projects based on importance and urgency
- Effective meeting management and group facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of crisis management communication, incident response and handling methodologies, NIST cybersecurity standards and FDA cybersecurity guidance, preferred.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ