Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We are passionate about providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, improve diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery. With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, and experienced individual to lead the Pyxis Care Continuum R&D platform. As an R&D Product Development Associate Director in our MMS organization, you will have direct responsibility for the software, systems, and hardware engineers that are vital to a new product offering in the Care Continuum platform.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement with the goal of increasing speed to market, quality of products, and compatibility with the MMS portfolio.
- Plan the development and evolution of tools and technologies in alignment with other MMS cloud and server infrastructures.
- Implement best practices surrounding automation, standardization, cybersecurity, systems infrastructure, monitoring, configuration management, and electro-mechanical.
- Develop strategies for hiring, training, development, and succession planning to build, manage and empower a high caliber, collaborative organization that promotes excellence and rewards results.
- Drive strategic direction to improve customer satisfaction, reduce cost, and expedite delivery of projects, interacting with Senior Level Leadership to review performance metrics and progress of plans.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of growing responsibility in R & D technical engineering roles, with extensive and successful experience in product development, with at least 5 years in a leadership role required.
- Experience leading a team of multi-disciplinary engineers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to drive organizational change and continuous process improvement
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required. Experience leading global teams is a strong plus.
- Ability to mentor and develop talent for current and future needs and will positively align talent decisions to strategic plans.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Strong business acuity and customer/client orientation
- Demonstrated capability for critical thinking and solutioning
- Willingness to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.