Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
BD Summer Intern Program 2022 - MMSQuality Summer Internship
Be a part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its over 70,000 associates have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians’ care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers’ capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its products into the BD family. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We are passionate about providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, improve diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery. With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
The BD MMS division is seeking to attract highly motivated undergraduates for a virtual or on-site summer internship. Students who want to acquire practical work experience within Quality. This encompasses Quality Systems, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement. As an intern, you can expect projects that are both challenging and rewarding. You will work under the management of a BD associate who serves as your mentor to aid and assist in your transition into the corporate environment. As part of the broader BD Intern Program, Quality Interns participate in various networking events, career development sessions and team building activities.
The BD Medication Management Solutions (MMS) division proudly offers a Virtual or On-Site Summer Internship for undergraduate students. Through this program, the student will have the chance to gain real-world experience in a role supporting Quality initiatives.
MMSQuality Summer Internship Value Proposition:
The MMS Quality Summer Intern experience is enriched with:
- Business Impact – Quality Summer Interns work on challenging and meaningful assignments that add business value across MMS.
- Diversity – Quality Summer Interns have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams across a wide range of MMS locations.
- Coaching and Development – Peer Mentors and Managers provide the Quality Summer Intern with career guidance and advice throughout the Internship.
- Leadership Visibility –Quality Summer Interns present their accomplishments at the end of the summer to the MMS Executive Leadership Team, Quality Leadership Team, Quality Directors, Quality Managers, and their Peers.
- The goal of the MMS Quality Summer Internship is to improve BD’s organizational vitality and to empower early-career professionals through immersive learning focused on the key role quality plays at BD!
Key responsibilities may include:
- Quality System administration/review
- Quality System remediation
- Document review and approval
- Data management and configuration
- Moderate level application of technical principles, theories, concepts, techniques and quality sciences / tools.
- Develops solutions to routine problems of moderate scope.
- Develop a solid understanding of applicable regulatory, Corporate and/or Unit requirements.
- Communicates across functions / departments for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provides audit support (preparation, closure, etc. activities)
- General support of R&D and Sustaining design change project support
- Generate and maintain accurate records for Quality Systems documents using SAP and other company databases to ensure records are clear and compliant to company QMS.
- Perform document processing, distribution and filing of controlled copies using manual and electronic systems per established procedures.
- Generate charts and presentation material to report Quality Metrics for the assigned work area as required by Management.
- Undergraduate student working towards a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences or Quality Sciences.
- Prior internship or Co-op experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field desired, but not required
- Proven technical proficiency and strong leadership skills
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity, take initiative and achieve results
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Proven organization and time management skills
Positions will be located at our San Diego sites; BD supports remote work where possible.
In order toqualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory