Business Systems Manager
Job Description Summary
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- The Technical Solution Lead drives end-to-end business process and technology solutions to achieve key goals and initiatives related to Medication Management Solutions (MMS) Global Customer Service (GCS) department. The Global Customer Service department encompasses processes and technology used within the Technical Support Center, Infusion Repair Depot, Field Service, Data Operations, Service Contracts, Reporting, and Quality/Regulatory compliance teams.
- This role utilizes senior technical leadership experience to analyze, understand, and find opportunities to deliver best-in-class business systems, custom tools, and solutions. The role works closely with senior leaders, partners, and internal end users to analyze, design, deliver, and continuously improve integrated processes and system solutions globally.
- Core technologies include SAP (ECC/CRM, S/4 HANA), Salesforce (Service Cloud, SFS, Mobility, Community Cloud) ServiceMax, Genesys, and ASTA (custom tool).
- Accountable for solution design from a business perspective across the MMS GCS organization. Partners with Information Technology teams to understand solution and identify gaps.
- Ensure impacts of design decisions are broadly understood and supported by the business partners.
- Ensures technology investments are demonstrated across business units.
- Authors and analyzes business requirements, translates requirements to detailed/technical level requirements, identifies gaps in requirements and addresses those gaps.
- Identifies system integration points that impact project LOE/team resources.
- Creates/maintains technical project artifacts including business process flow charts, as-is/to-be architecture diagrams, user requirements specifications, data migration plans, testing strategy, solution confirmations, and job aids.
- Leads option analysis and pros/cons discussions to drive critical decision making.
- Proactively identify, communicate, lead technical project risks, and mitigation plans.
- Keep up to date with technology and industry trends and communicates impact to the technology roadmap
General / Soft Skills
- Experienced and comfortable demoing technology highlighting business value/benefits.
- Experienced presentation skills tailored for audience.
- Excellent listener, seeks deeper understanding of partner perspective, asks great questions.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Early adopter of technology, with ability to learn and adapt efficiently and effectively.
- Continuous improvement approach to identify future opportunities based on business needs.
- Effectively navigates matrixed structure to meet work and establish relationships.
- Optimize day-to-day operations for technology, documentation, and process.
- Leader and solid teammate, passionate about sharing knowledge and mentoring team members.
- Experienced verbal and written, professional communication skills.
Product Manager/Technical Product Owner Demand Intake Support
- Partner with Product Manager/Technical Product Owner to lead deep dive requirements capturing workshops within the service work stream, provide solution confirmations, and facilitate partner alignment on solution rationale.
- Partner with Product Managers/Technical Product Owners across business units to align solutions to priorities.
- Partner with Product Managers to develop business cases and drive IT governance process.
- Partner with Product Managers/Technical Product Owners to shape and drive long term technology roadmap strategy considering business and industry trends.
- Partner with User Experience and User Interaction Designer as needed for usability studies and ensure optimal customer and associate experience. Essential when designing customer-facing self-service customer portal technology.
- Mentor team members on partner communication, project management methodologies (Agile vs. Waterfall), and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Proreal time feedback to team members to drive continuous improvement and growth.
- Answer questions from developers and clarify
- Pvilex capacity as needed:
- Backup to technical product manager/technical product owner when TPM/TPO is unavailable.
- Backup for business analyst as needed, user acceptance test script authoring and execution.
Enterprise Systems Operations Support
- Tier II support to investigate complex production issues to determine next steps to resolve.
- Proactively identify technology infrastructure needs to ensure system stability.
- Reviews and publishes knowledge articles.
- Bachelor’s degree required. B.S. in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field (or 5+ years equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years experience in Salesforce.com (Service, SFS, Communities, Sales) and/or SAP (ECC/CRM, S/4 Hana) preferred
- 4+ years translating partners requests into enterprise technical requirements preferred.
- Solid experience business process mapping current and future state functionality
- Experience working with both Agile, traditional waterfall, and hybrid project management teams
- Expert with MS Office Suite including Excel, PPT, and Visio
- Experience working in a service organization
- Experience with remediation/recall management processes a plus.
- Medical device or Industrial equipment service and support
- Experience leading team discussions in agile-scrum environments Change management experience, particularly implementing new enterprise technology
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ