Data Analyst 3
Job Description SummaryThe Data Analyst’s responsibilities include creating sophisticated healthcare-related dashboards as well as preparing/extracting complex data sets for analysis. The Data Analyst will be working with clinical stakeholders, statisticians, machine learning engineers, and executives to create class-leading work products that will change the healthcare industry.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
The Data Science Analyst’s responsibilities include the creation of business intelligence dashboards with Tableau and PowerBI as well as the preparation and analysis of very complex healthcare related data sets.
- Create sophisticated dashboards with Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Work with stakeholders, clinicians, statisticians, and machine learning engineers to create very complex data sets to specification.
- Work with project managers and subject matter experts to create user stories and other functional/technical artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically-oriented degree program such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, statistics, MIS, informatics, or a technically-oriented public health program.
- Minimum of one years experience as an analyst, developer, data scientist, business analyst, or quality assurance specialist.
- Strong SQL experience.
- Some experience with a major dashboard product such as Tableau or PowerBI.
Additional and Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Experience writing requirements or user stories.
- Experience building data pipelines is strongly preferred
- R & Python experience.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
JG 3 (P3)
Referral Bonus Eligible
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Additional LocationsUSA AL - Birmingham - Vestavia, USA CA – Brea, USA GA - Covington BMD, USA IL - Vernon Hills, USA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ