Director, Supply Chain Planning & SIOP, BDB
Job Description Summary
Location: San Diego or San Jose
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
The Director of Supply Chain Planning & SIOP BDB is a critical leadership role reporting functionally to the VP, Global Supply Planning Life Science & closely serving the VPGM / Directors (Portfolio) as well as VP ISC BDB. This position has responsibility for working with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the right end to end Supply Chain Planning strategies, processes, and global SIOP are in place to support global and regional business and customer needs. These cross functional stakeholders include the BU VP/GM and Regional Business Leaders, Manufacturing Operations Leaders, Finance Leaders, Marketing and Sales Leaders, R&D Leaders, the BDX Corporate Supply Chain Leaders and Supply Chain Leaders in all regions. This position is also accountable to drive comprehensive Supply Chain business metrics and ensures alignment of Supply Chain strategies with global and regional business strategies. Finally, the Sr. Director is accountable for end-to-end supply chain excellence (Inventory and Service levels and setting priorities & direction for BDB Supply Chain Associates.
- Candidate will have at least 15 years progressive direct management experience in Supply Chain or Manufacturing Operations
- Demonstrated success in Global Supply, Demand, and Inventory Planning as well as Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) is required
- Breadth of background across numerous roles / functions within the Integrated Supply Chain would be preferred
- Experience working is SAP SCM/ECC
- Experience leading & developing cross functional teams and driving consensus in decision making
- BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or Science. MBA and/or advanced degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Individual must demonstrate very strong initiative and effectiveness with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to lead / manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- In depth knowledge of Integrated Supply Chain
- Able to influence without authority
- Ability to prepare and deliver impactful and business focused presentations to senior management
- Ability to build relationships with senior leaders across all business functions including corporate functions and cross business
- Strong Project Management/Project Leadership Capabilities
- Strong Change Management skills
- Strong financial acumen/management, organizational, planning, and execution skills
- Ability to develop and successfully execute a strategy
- Direct and coordinate Supply Chain (SC) strategies on region/global supply chain planning, and systems
- Drive harmonization of the processes and the organization of the teams within the platforms for the BU
- Ensure the supply chain network operates to meet the needs for assigned BD market customers on a consistent basis. Key performance measures of this include Back Order, OTIF, Inventory, E&O & Forecast Accuracy
- Represent Supply Chain/ISC in the monthly performance review forums
- Responsible for developing a Global Inventory Strategy Process, ensuring the establishment of target inventory levels and mix to achieve management objectives for service levels, backorder incidence/duration and inventory- DIO goals
- In partnership with the Manufacturing Operations Leaders, responsible to develop and update Operations strategies that are aligned to the business strategies
- Drive volume requirements for BDB plants
- Sustain the long-term planning strategy for the BU together with the Region/Global Platform to ensure the right capital investments are done on time to meet business needs
- Drive the overall Operations/Supply Chain process optimization by identifying and implementing best practices to improve both internal and external Supply Chain service and efficiency metrics
- Support & lead the deployment of central initiatives for BDB
- Lead the global SIOP process for the respective portfolio, ensuring robust measurable short and long term global processes are utilized driving consensus amongst Regions, Sales/marketing, Platform, Finance and Operations which is utilized to project and monitor business financial performance and operating plans. This includes budgeting, financial forecasting, inventory management, capacity planning and sourcing.
- Ensure strong process improvement across SIOP and Demand/Supply Mgmt
- Stay appraised and aware of future SC trends & adopt best SC practices; Support & Ensure best SC practice sharing mechanisms are in place across the BU.
- Lead the BDB planning associates by setting the team vision, engaging, and aligning the team around achievement of the business and functional goals.
- Ensure business continuity for the projects that require planning preparation ( e.g seasonal build ups, hurricane contingencies, etc)
- Serve as liaison between regional and global planning teams
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Jose
At BD, we are strongly committed to investing in our associates—their well-being and development, and in providing rewards and recognition opportunities that promote a performance-based culture. We demonstrate this commitment by offering a valuable, competitive package of compensation and benefits programs which you can learn more about on our Careers Site under Our Commitment to You.
Salary ranges have been implemented to reward associates fairly and competitively, as well as to support recognition of associates’ progress, ranging from entry level to experts in their field, and talent mobility. There are many factors, such as location, that contribute to the range displayed. The salary offered to a successful candidate is based on experience, education, skills, and actual work location. Salary ranges may vary for Field-based and Remote roles.
Salary Range Information$155,400.00 - $279,700.00
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ