Director, U.S. Business Partner - Technology & Global Services
Job Description SummaryThe role of the Lead, Business Partner, United States is to serve as the person responsible for driving the shaping of demand as well as the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for the United States. This individual will serve as a point person to United States regional leadership and will lead a team of business partners to conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction and manage the work. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that United States is proactively provided with strategic thought leadership. This is a great opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process and workplace solutions together as they contribute to the commercial agenda of BDX.
This leadership position reports directly to the Regional Business Partner – Americas/LatAm, VP and will serve on the leadership team of several U.S. regional leaders such as Commercial Operations, Customer Experience and Operations.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with U.S. Commercial Operations, Customer Experience and Operations to understand their strategic priorities and work to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep knowledge of the U.S. Commercial Operations, Customer Experience and Operations including key driver goals, short- and long-term roadmaps, key personnel, etc.;drive Commercial Operations business partnership across the region
- Establish and earn value-adding, strategic partner relationship maturity for yourself and for the entire TGS function
- Partner with U.S. and regional leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into roadmaps and priorities
- Think strategically by identifying opportunities and the best-suited ways for U.S. and regional teams to adopt them
- Manage and facilitate TGS’ partner teams to ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes
- Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS’ Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by, and are integrated with, BD’s enterprise roadmaps
- Deliver the committed book of work across the US. Ensure project and initiative delivery, including consistent and effective communication. This includes managing escalation and avoiding risk
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that is focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what can we do to simplify and improve things
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills, successful project & program implementation and solution-oriented mindset together.
In addition, this person should also possess:
- 12+ years of experience in a business including work in one or more of the following technology areas: customer data & contract management, order management, customer support of complaints or recalls, data analytics or shared services; experience in a regulated systems environment preferred
- Advanced Proficiency in system development life cycle documentation, testing and release cycle protocols including business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, cutover, hypercare, project planning and status reporting
- Advanced proficiency in program management basics: charter, business case development, program management plan and schedule, stakeholder management, communication planning, risk/issue management, status reporting and running team calls
- Relationship management with an ability to work effectively with multiple layers of the organization – in particular, working with / supporting executive team members is critical
- Executive oriented business strategy development & management – from visioning to tactical implementation
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Must be a leader who can influence stakeholders in written and oral communications
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Must have experience and knowledge with continuous improvement and organizational change management approaches, tools, and phases
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept ownership
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is strongly preferred. Master’s degree highly desirable. Educational certificate or training in a process methodology is a plus.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ