At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Customer Support jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Customer Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Customer Support at BD may be waiting for you!
Field Service Technician (Eastern Michigan/ Greater Detroit Territory)Apply Now Job ID R-26258 Date posted 12/07/2017
Job Description Summary
BD Business Description
Pyxis technologies combines proven technology with actionable intelligence to prevent medication errors, help free up clinician time to focus on patient care, increase the predictability of medication availability and reduce inefficiencies in the medication use process. At almost every point in the medication use process, safety and efficiency can be increased with the comprehensive capabilities of the Pyxis medication management system. Learn more: http://www.bd.com/en-us/offerings/brands/pyxis
The Field Service Technician will provide remote and on-site reactive service for BD Pyxis automated dispensing systems located within hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. They service primarily hardware and software system components. Additionally, the Field Service Technician will participate in the installation and upgrades of these systems and secondarily execute a preventative maintenance program. They will participate in pre-installation testing, reconfiguring, and documentation of uncovered technical issues of all applicable Pyxis systems.
This position is accountable for:
- Provides technical support to external customers to resolve issues regarding proprietary software and hardware and will be capable of fully supporting all products within their region.
- Responds to, evaluates and prioritizes assigned service orders, for assistance with hardware, software, networking, customer service and other computer-related technologies. Identifies the priority status of a service based on customer feedback and the nature of the problem.
- Performs reactive/proactive Preventive Maintenance as assigned.
- Handles problem recognition, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine customer problems, escalating, more complex issues to advanced team members or department management.
- Responsible for the overall ownership of the service order, or will ensure proper escalation processes are followed.
- Interviews customers to gather information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error or cause of problem.
- Logs and tracks all service order activity in CRM, maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Consults with advanced team members and their liaisons to understand software and hardware errors.
- Notifies appropriate internal personnel of issues at a particular account.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to inquiries in a timely manner and coordinating customer service needs with other departments as required.
- Manages parts per the parts management policy and procedures
- Must be flexible with shift coverage in a 24x7 environment.
- Prior 24x7 field customer service experience required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Experience or Associates degree in Technology or Healthcare related field preferred.
- Military experience, a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Minimum 2 years PC experience; networking experience required.
- A+ certification preferred.
- Experience supporting automation equipment in a healthcare setting a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written customer service, telephone, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. This position requires a considerable amount of pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting.
- Must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox), Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
- Ability to work a Second Shift: Tuesday-Friday 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- Equipment Specialist Days Sandy, Utah 6476561
- Manager, Professional Services (Cato / Pharmogistics) 6476559
- R&D Project Coordinator Vernon Hills, Illinois 6476560
- Account Executive - Atlanta, GA Georgia 6476563