Instrument Onboarding Specialist
Job Description SummaryThis role is responsible for interacting directly with our customers and various internal functional groups in the creation of Quotes and Sales Orders. Primary responsibilities include supporting the instrument program as the liaison between the customer and the business, with focus on product quoting, order placement and overall account management.
This role gathers customer requirements and specifications for capital equipment, instruments and/or make-to-order product configurations and pricing, to be used in creating quotes and sales orders, and will act as the liaison between the customer and program/technical experts as needed.
This role maintains technical accuracy and completeness of quote and order management processes, utilizing various software applications and business tools. Direct customer contact via telephone and e-mail are a key part of the job. Attention to detail, order accuracy, compliance with department standards, and excellent time management skills are required.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and be capable of suggesting process improvements to ensure internal efficiencies are realized and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Additional projects may be assigned which are relatively complex in nature where sound judgment and product specific knowledge is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily coordination of all customer-facing activities related to instruments quote and order management, including follow-up and resolution, as well as maintaining detailed records of communications and transactions.
- Communicates with external customers via phone and email.
- Interacts with Marketing, Operations, Manufacturing, Technical Application/Product Support, Planning, and other functional groups to drive the process from quote to order fulfillment.
- Responds accurately to customer and internal BD personnel inquiries, providing pricing, availability, terms and conditions, and other product and order related information.
- Reviews instrument quote requests and prepares quotations, ensuring accuracy and configuration compatibility to allow for successful creation of corresponding sales orders.
- Ensures customer and material master data are accurate and complete, and appropriate discounts have been applied on instrument and/or custom reagent quotes and orders.
- Ensures appropriate approvals and documentations are present before completing transactions.
- Responsible for documenting, managing, and tracking customer interactions using SAP and SalesForce.
- Responsible for communicating maintenance service terms and conditions to service contract coordinator to ensure timely creation of maintenance service agreements, enabling entitlement for onsite service of the instrument.
- Supports the Credit/Collections group to resolve billing disputes, credit holds, and credit card authorizations.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system is highly preferred
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM system preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and email systems is required
- Proactive self-starter that drives for results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Customer Advocate with ability to foster and maintain relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of capital equipment order management process
- Able to troubleshoot problems and resolve customer complaints
- Effective organization, planning and time management skills are required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 - 5 years of customer service experience, BA/BS degree preferred
- Prior experience in a biotechnology or manufacturing environment is preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ