Lead Scheduler, Professional Services
Job Description Summary
The BD Professional Services Department manages, plans, and coordinates the implementation of the Medication Management Solutions. Teams are assigned to customer projects and accounts based on regional/national organizational structures. These project teams include staff from BD and the customer, working in synergy with each other toward the common goal of an on-time, successful system implementation. Activities include implementation project management, product and software installation, workflow, system design and configuration tasks, integration engineering functions and general customer relationship and partnering activities. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, this department is also responsible for many backend business functions including revenue forecasting and recognition, equipment logistics (including ordering, customer confirmation and return authorizations), implementation methodologies, continuous improvement, solution design best practices and quality system requirements.
Professional Services Project Management is responsible for managing all aspects of implementation and service projects for the Dispensing organization. The Lead Scheduler collaborates with the Regional Managers and Project Managers to fill staffing requirements for projects. The Lead Scheduler will also work with the leadership team to establish future state capacity planning to meet our strategic business needs.
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate the assignment of resources across the dispensing organization to ensure projects are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, established processes, and/or standard terms and conditions of the contract.
- Work across the organization to actively monitor project status and forecasted revenue to prioritize available resources as needed to optimize the overall production of Dispensing Professional Services.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal and written, with project teams and leadership.
- Help to ensure customer satisfaction
- Staffing of projects that from single to multiple product lines involving single sites to large multiple region IDNs.
- Supports the organization in timely responses for Implementation Timeline requests and works with the managers and directors to support the sales process as needed.
- Use of all governance tools (scope document, project status reports, risk and change logs, tollgates, etc.), for all assigned projects, to effectively conduct staffing and resourcing activities.
- Appropriately escalate staffing issues and risks to leadership.
- Demonstrates knowledge and complies with established BD MMS Dispensing product implementation methodologies and tools or equivalent industry standards.
Skills, Duties, and Tasks particular to the job:
Required Soft Skills:
- Negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team leadership
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Effective, professional customer communications (both verbal and written)
- Decision making skills
- Building and leading effective project teams
- Conflict resolution
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Project management or leadership experience desired
- Specific knowledge of BD business highly desired
- Prefer experience implementing and supporting healthcare IT software solutions, experience with capital equipment model is a plus
- Prefer knowledge of hospital systems and procedures that integrate with BD products.
- Driving requirements dictate that the candidate possess and maintain a valid driver license and be at least 21 years old.
- Home based position with travel. Travel may range from 5-10%, overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from home office
- Experience in Scheduling using complex methodology and collaboration with leadership. 3+ years in an environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications. Dispensing software technology experience a plus. Must have a working knowledge of a variety of software applications and experience making strategic decisions to execute business objectives
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ