Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryBe part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Medication Management Solutions
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team is able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
As Manager, Software Engineer you will lead a team developing and testing complex software for medical dispensing applications.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the work of a team of software engineering developers, analysts, and testers to maintain and extend an existing software application.
- Amplifying the talents of the current team and attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining outstanding talent.
- Developing and maintaining scalable software solutions for applications with desktop, web front end, back end, and cloud components.
- Working effectively with others to implement process improvements and solve problems.
- Leading development/project teams and delegating work effectively to meet or exceed expected delivery timelines.
- Interacting with and influencing senior management on technical matters requiring coordination between integrated products.
- Resolving technical differences within the team.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Experience leading a high-performance team.
- Ability to facilitate communication between technical, clinical, and program management partners.
- Ability to implement efficient, practical Agile/DevOps development processes.
- Ability to effectively lead a remote team of engineers in a regulated environment
Education and experience required:
- B.S. in software engineering or similar technical field.
- 6+ years of proven track record in various elements of full-stack software development and hands-on coding experience.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.