Final Reagent Production Coordinator
Job Description SummaryThe Final Reagent Production Coordinator is responsible for organizing and monitoring administrative, product, and project related tasks within the Packaging Department. This includes, but is not limited to, creating and reviewing packaging batch records, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), monitoring packaging processes, suggesting and implementing organizational improvements, creating a detailed weekly/daily packaging schedule, and prioritizing and preparing packaging requests for production. He/she will be the primary liaison between Manufacturing/Operations, Technical Product Management, Instrumentation, Inventory Control, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Production Planning. The Packaging Coordinator will need to be familiar with the various product line characteristics as they relate to departmental requirements, as well as have a detailed understanding of all daily Packaging Technician duties. He/she will be a self-directed, independent individual who demonstrates intermediate levels of problem solving capabilities and thrives in a fast-paced, highly diverse, team oriented environment.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Learn and Understand:
- Basic bottling techniques
- Basic packaging processes including bagging and labeling
- Basic product characteristics
- Initiate and author packaging Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
- Initiate and process Engineering Change Requests and Quality Notifications
- Generate packaging process documentation and review completed Batch Records/supporting packaging documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Log, maintain, and generate data capture for daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics compilation
- Administer and maintain Product Insert/Technical Data Sheet/Technical Manual printing programMaintain packaging supplies inventory and re-order, as necessaryInput data, as required, in the SAP and/or other Production Planning/ Manufacturing Resource database system(s)
- Support the label database process for expediting Make To Order materialsInterface with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Inventory Control, Production Planning, Program Management, and Supply Chain Associates on packaging related issues
- Support and lead daily shift start up meetings
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds in a safe manner; requesting assistance when appropriateSupport and lead Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement initiatives
- Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures
Follow BD Biosciences Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures:
- Take responsibility for safety in immediate work area.
- Participate in EH&S programs.
- Notify supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
- May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Proactive self- starter
- Ability to interface independently with internal customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective negotiating skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Requirements for this position include:
- High School diploma w/ some college or equivalent work experience
- Ability to read, write, and speak English effectively
- Intermediate computer skills
- 2-4 years Lab and/or pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing experience preferred
- Stable employment and/or education within the last 3-5 years.
- Some laboratory and/or pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing and/or bottling/packaging experience preferred.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ