QC Chemist I
Job Description SummaryThe Quality Control Chemist I conducts various analytical testing of raw materials, semi-finished intermediates, finished products, and new compounds/products in various stages of design and development to characterize and determine quality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Characterize polymer size by GPC/SEC chromatography using established standard processes
• Perform small scale dye labeling reactions according to established standard processes.
• Characterization of polymers by HPLC/FPLC using established standard processes
• Optical characterization of the polymer dyes including measurement of absorbance and fluorescence emission spectra.
• May provide analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of development process.
• Participate in validation and measurement system analysis of various testing methods
• Maintain equipment logs, calibration logs, and solvent/mobile phase preparation records.
• Test products for long-term stability under various conditions.
• Provide timely and high-quality data reports that document test results.
• Interface, maintain, and populate data and results in specified database(s).
• Promote a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
• Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by reporting manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Successful candidate will possess a B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Life Science, minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience preferred.
• Experience with analytical technique and instrumentation
• Basic knowledge of HPLC/FPLC/GPC systems
• Basic knowledge of Spectroscopy/Fluorimeter
• Basic knowledge of Karl Fischer Titration
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• General knowledge of chemistry
• Familiarity with guidelines such as good manufacturing processes and ISO standards
• Works well in a team based environment and independently
• Multi-task to cover a variety of job functions
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ