Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
The Senior Clinical Consultant responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, user story creation and design.
- Work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand generalized market strategies and product direction and translate them into formal requirements and user stories.
- Work closely with data science team members and quality assurance associates to ensure their understanding of the requirements.
- Consider feedback from technical associates regarding feasibility of requirements and to creatively construct alternatives when necessary.
- Work with production systems to identify deviations from desired behavior and to communicate details to technical associates for issue investigation and resolution.
- Work with system implementation associates to make recommendations regarding client-specific configurations in order to optimize the effectiveness of our products.
- Create documentation, training material and live presentations for a variety of stakeholders including executives, clients, sales associates, and consultants.
- Graduate degree in a health-related profession such as informatics, public health, or health administration.
- Minimum of three years experience building formal detailed written requirements for health information systems preferably in the context of an agile/scrum style environment.
Additional and Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Three or more years experience as consultant with a Big Four firm is preferred.
- CSPO certification (Certified Scrum Product Owner) is preferred.
- Pragmatic marketing certificate is preferred.
- Three or more years experience working as a scrum product owner for a major healthcare IT or medical device vendor is preferred.
- Knowledge of dashboard tools including Tableau and Microsoft BI is preferred.
- In additional to a graduate degree in a health-related profession, an undergraduate degree in a technical field such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, or business (with a quantitative concentration) is preferred.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.