Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
The Senior Data Quality Engineer will ensure the quality of the Data Science team’s work products, algorithms, and clinical dashboards.
- Very strong SQL skills including the ability to create complex and efficient queries.
- Experience identifying and correcting edge cases with queries.
- Experience creating dashboards using a major visualization tool – preferably Tableau or PowerBI.
- Active participation in the testing cycle of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, prototyping, design review, test case reviews) using an Agile Methodology.
- Working closely with Product Management, Program Manager, Development Team and Support teams to create and deliver a quality-focused QA deliverable.
- Develop & execute functional, integration and E2E test cases to validate business, system and operational requirements.
- Work closely with different functional groups to resolve issues, ensure thorough testing from a business perspective, understand support issues and release high quality products to customers.
- Interprets product design and requirements to engineer test approach and generates test plans and test cases/scripts along with their review.
- Executes complex test cases/scripts and interprets/analyses results to report, communicate, and work through issues with engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and able to communicate very technical subject matter to non-technical users.
- Experience in writing quality bug reports.
- Experience in creating Quality Management System (QMS) documentation as per organizational quality standards.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills for reaching to root cause of customer reported issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as mathematics, computer science, or engineering.
- Minimum of three years experience building formal test plans for health information systems preferably in the context of an agile/scrum style environment.
Additional and Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree in a technical field such as computer science, mathematics, or engineering is preferred.
- Prefer experience with both R and Python.
- Prefer experience with products incorporating machine learning technology.
- Prefer experience with healthcare data including lab results, pharmacy orders and administrations, and ADT data.
- CSTE (Certified Test Engineer) preferred.
- Prefer experience with HL7.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.