Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryBe part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Medication Management Solutions
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team is able to lead multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
As Senior Engineer, Product Ownership you will be accountable within the R&D group for functional feature definition and for the value of the product resulting from the work of the Development Team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Eliciting feedback from internal and external partners to validate that the functional problems are sufficiently understood.
- Partnering with business owners to clarify and prioritize value of product backlog.
- Analyzing assigned functional workflows supported by our Medication Management & Dispensing software products.
- Detailing functional needs of the end-user in the form of features and user stories & their associated acceptance criteria and specifications, possibly by modeling functional workflows and crafting story maps for assigned features.
- Partnering with UX designers to build visual representations of the proposed solutions.
- Independently owning the internal development team and broader R&D partners through backlog grooming and refinement activities.
- Ensuring that the software engineering, software quality engineering, and product management teams understand the functional solutions well enough to successfully estimate, develop, and test them.
- Driving readiness of features ahead of implementation.
- Ensuring product features have met the team’s definition of done.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Present material to large multi-functional groups.
- The ability to garner and drive consensus across multiple functions.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a requirements engineering, system engineering, business analysis, or product ownership role.
- Experience working within a multi-functional product development team.
- Solid understanding of agile product development practices, techniques, processes, and roles.
- Familiarity with the medication management product domain, such as experience with hospital, pharmacy, nursing, biomed or other clinically related domains and exposure to Hospital Information Systems.
- Experience defining user-facing problem statements and confirming validity with internal and external customer partners.
- Ability to translate the results of analysis into a functional design by crafting solutions to address requirement(s).
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.