Senior Manager Decision Science
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
The Becton Dickinson Technology Solutions division is looking for a Manager of Decision Science and Visualization to manage a team of data scientists and analysts passionate about decision support solutions and data visualization.
This is a high-impact role that requires excellence in both business and technical skills. As a leader, you will define and execute a decision science and visualization strategy for the organization. You will interface with stakeholders to identify high impact analytic solutions and guide your team to deliver. Finally, you will be expected to provide mentorship to the team and develop their hard and soft skills. You will lead by example, adopting a "whatever it takes" approach to get the job done, while nurturing a sense of camaraderie, success, and appreciation among your team.
We have a wealth of data assets across the healthcare continuum that will allow you to deliver impactful outcomes to our customers. You will work in a large sophisticated data environment with a variety of sources and technologies. You will be creating a real difference in making medication management safer, and efficient and cost effective.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop an analytic team that delivers timely and high-quality data products, dashboards, and analyses that advise insights and recommended actions to drive program scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Work with leadership teams including Platform, Marketing, Clinical, Product, Software engineering, to provide key decision support and visualization solutions to drive strategic and tactical business decisions and results.
- Drive continuous improvement and align reporting and visualization solutions with industry best practices
- Frame new reporting solutions, including key metrics to be reflected in the most consumable layout and mentor the team to develop and QA.
- Provide vital implementation reporting support on key business projects and initiatives.
- Monitor and interpret dashboard results to identify key insights
- Lead and grow a team of high-performing data scientists and developers
- Present to senior management on business reviews, roadmap progress and innovation concepts
- Track record of delivering of analytic or technical products to diverse customers in a dynamic environment
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, data enrichment, reporting and visualization best practices, and analytic data management
- Proficiency in data science concepts including data engineering, basic statistics, machine learning, and predictive modeling
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Experience with agile, lean practices and methodologies
- Experience with data related programming languages such as Python, R, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP.
- Expert knowledge of business intelligence tools such as Tableau, ThoughtSpot Power BI, and/or Qliksense
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or related field
- 5+ years of proven experience in data science or related field and project leadership
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Additional LocationsUSA AL - Birmingham - Vestavia
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ