At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Project Management jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Project Management careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Project Management at BD may be waiting for you!
Senior Project ManagerApply Now Job ID R-19892 Date posted 09/13/2017
Job Description Summary
Engineering Program/Project Management is responsible for managing the execution of programs and/or projects consisting of single or multiple projects and/or programs. Works within the constraints of budget, schedule, and scope, while managing risk, and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
- Drive the development of new medical device development programs through project completion within timeline, quality and budgetary limits
- Lead and integrate cross-functional teams and manage deliverables in a matrix organization
- Lead, manage and direct the development and execution of integrated project plans relevant to the deliverables and ensure alignment across relevant functions and a smooth transition among pipeline stages
- Manage multiple projects across several departments while influencing project decisions in coordination with Medical Affairs, R&D, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Manufacturing and Logistics timelines.
- Identify and implement solutions to improve tracking, planning and collaboration
- Ability to gain cooperation of others and effectively facilitates cross-functional meetings and discussions
- Ensure effective, accurate and timely communication across functional areas
- Serve as a primary point of contact for management regarding progress and goals
- Work with the team leaders to identify and resolve any team and individual performance issues
- Bring a broadened business perspective to each project through an understanding of the inner-workings of Marketing, Quality, R&D, Finance, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Clinical, Medical Affairs, and Operations.
- Managing and coordinating the activities of a multi-disciplined project from concept to commercialization. Plan, develop, coordinate and direct engineers and other cross-functional team members to achieve project objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- A minimum of 7+ years related work experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required. Advanced degree in related field or business preferred.
- A minimum of 13+ years related work experience required in device and/or drug development and project management within the device/pharmaceutical industry, or reasonable combination of the two.
- Must have a strong familiarity with the integration of requirements and deliverables associated with Design Controls (21CFR820.30) into the new product development process.
- Must have experience with short release cycles.
- Demonstrated success in large Project/Program Management role including Development and Deployment, preferably healthcare, or closely related is a plus.
- Experience leading large global programs
- Global product development and team management experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a highly government-regulated environment (FDA, MHRA, EMEA, TGA, etc.). Must have led a cross-functional project team through regulatory submission and product commercialization