Sr Marketing Manager, Pyxis Downstream Marketing
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and delivering the go-to-market programs to enable the commercial success for Enterprise Inventory Solutions, for MMS. This person will lead the US Region marketing efforts in support of the products and organizational objectives.
They will also be responsible for understanding the customer workflow around the management of medication management in the patient care areas while also driving an enterprise approach as measured by the development of value offers to drive committed contracts, competitive conversions, sales revenue, and profitability.
The person in this position will have/develop deep working knowledge of the unique needs of managing medications and be able to demonstrate key product features and describe customer benefits while also presenting its contribution to the “connected medication management” system. This role will focus on operations and workflow within the nursing and pharmacy areas, and best practices to support customer goals and objectives.
The position reports to the Director, Patient Care and Central Pharmacy Downstream Marketing, and will require close cross functional collaboration with the Pyxis and HealthSight Platforms, and Regional Marketing Teams as well as Sales, Commercial Operations, GCS Teams etc.
- Provide exceptional launch leadership to enable BD to meet/exceed sales and profitability objectives on new product initiatives, develop and execute world class launch deliverables and manage all launch team activities.
- Define the launch objectives, strategies, metrics and contingency plans that align with BD goals.
- Produce concise, written go-to-market plans, which includes the evaluation and reconciliation of results and managing inputs from all asset owners.
- Form and direct the Launch Team in the planning and orchestration of product launch activities, which includes:
- Planning, scheduling and tracking of product launch activities
- Identification and resolution of launch issues or schedule problems
- Utilize forum to resolve issues, make decisions and meet objectives
- Study the product and market to develop the rollout and mix strategies that maximize sales.
- Review the status of programs with marketing leadership regularly.
- Identify market segments and value offer and positioning for each solution.
- Collaborate with platform marketing to ensure key deliverables are met prior to launch.
- Support the development of sales messaging, 3 whys, 10% messaging, and new tools or update existing ones.
- Work closely with the Platform Marketing and Sales Management to understand the customer program needs to support product revenue objectives and lead the development and execution of those programs.
- Lead the strategy and development of the annual promotional calendar (for assigned categories), working closely with Marketing and Sales.
- Provide regular status updates of programs and deliver post-launch analysis to Senior Management.
- Identify opportunities to develop support tools/processes that increase sales productivity and effectiveness in the field (i.e. sales collateral, systems, tools – whiteboards, PowerPoint and other tools required by the Sales Council).
- Market intelligence – understand and effective convey the key stakeholder mapping and buying process in the perioperative space.
- In collaboration with the sales training team, develop and execute the training curriculum. Leverage content from assigned Platforms to develop sales training materials.
- Represent US Region launch readiness in CER, Global Marketing Planning, PDT, and Marketing Functional meetings.
- Develop customer success material to highlight MMS successes and best practices, including testimonials, case studies, videos, and webinars and other evidence generation tactics.
- Support demonstrations at tradeshow and safety center activities.
- Support RFP content development.
- Respond to sales team’s request for support.
- Participate in annual Marketing Planning/ASR planning activities.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for project performance in a cross-functional team, developing excellent working relationships with all functions critical to product development excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership, learning agility and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions.
- Conduct and encourage frequent formal and informal communication within the team to ensure full engagement and efficient operation.
- Intuitively and quickly assess people and situations and act accordingly. Demonstrate strong persuasion and negotiation capabilities.
- Promote and leverage diversity to achieve the best outcomes and an inclusive work environment. Ensure all interested parties have opportunities to influence and contribute to decisions and outcomes.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience (regional, platform, downstream).
- MBA with Marketing emphasis or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with B2B marketing required.
- Expertise and experience in evaluating technology. Technical background desirable.
- Ability to provide leadership under ambiguity.
- Ability to analyze and guide sound business decisions based on research data and other input.
- Outstanding presentation skills and the ability to earn respect among peers and the management staff.
- Experience in planning, executing and measuring marketing programs.
- Experience in supporting and training salesforce for new product launches and ongoing sales messaging.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Organized and proactive with demonstrated ability to multitask and balance challenging priorities.
- Strong customer focus.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ