Sr. Program manager Pump MMS R&D
Job Description SummaryThe Sr. Program Manager, Pump is responsible for ensuring the success of a major, multi-year, multi-faceted and highly complex program within the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) Infusion Platform at BD. Specifically, he/she will leverage best practices in cross functional team/external partnership leadership to drive excellence in areas such as customer requirement definition, platform and product design and development, and full commercial launch. In this exciting and highly impactful role, the successful candidate will be the face of the organization working with key strategic partners while managing timelines, cross-functional inter-dependencies, and lead senior level core team resources while being accountable to deliver the target scope and outcomes.
This is a critical role within the BD MMS PMO, with direct visibility at the executive leadership of the business and has a major impact on the successful completion of a strategically important program. We are seeking an innovative, passionate, and highly capable individual with a proven track record of sustained success in the execution of complex cross functional programs working with external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the overall platform program roadmap ensuring each element of the product development pipeline is delivered while communicating with the business and strategic partners to ensure optimization of the market window, customer requirements, product release strategies and competitive advantage.
- Be the voice of BD by liaising with partners to solve issues, communicate needs and create synergy. Analyze and report on partner initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics.
- Define program resource needs and negotiate program resourcing plans. Work with functional leaders to ensure the appropriate core team resources are committed to the program and contribute to required performance levels. Establish, delegate and evaluate the roles, responsibilities, goals, deliverables and performance of core and extended team members.
- Lead product development activity ensuring that a structured design and development process is followed, ensuring compliance with quality management systems and regulatory requirements, where applicable.
- Lead the team to prepare for Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go decisions by BD/Partner executive leadership, ensuring such decisions are informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of the relevant data. Recommend ideal course of action, budget and resource allocation to deliver the program in a timely and cost-effective manner. Accurately communicate risk, impact and mitigation.
- Ensure alignment across product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives. Lead program planning process ensuring all requirements are clear and driven by market needs, customer insights and experience. Develop, refine and monitor progress against an accurate overall integrated platform program plan with measurable milestones and goals that form the basis of functional workstreams and deliverables.
- Ensure internal/external governance mechanisms, such as core team meetings, key technical design and commercial excellence and industrialization reviews are undertaken in a timely, comprehensive and effective manner. Develop a mentality of collaboration, execution and continuous improvement within the program through these mechanisms.
- Drive mechanisms and management techniques that ensure an open and transparent approach to the identification, communication and timely resolution of issues, risk, and challenges affecting program deliverables.
- Lead cross-functional teams through problem resolution including root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action. Constructively challenge the team and the organization to rethink assumptions and approach headwinds in new ways. Independently determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Ensure effective formal and informal communication mechanisms with the core and extended team members using a variety of tools and channels. Build high morale and ensure the entire team commits to the target goals and objectives by creating a common purpose and direction.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ