Sr. Program Manager
Job Description Summary
BD is searching for a Sr. Program Manager to lead assay development. The role will lead cross-functional Core Teams in executing all aspects of product development; from concept definition, into development and verification and validation, through clinical trials, worldwide regulatory clearance/registration, and through commercial launch. They will ultimately be responsible for the execution, quality and results of their project, and the success of the resulting product in the market. They will be measured on their ability to lead the team in achieving cost, schedule, and performance goals of the project. Key proficiencies of a high-functioning Program Manager include their innovative ideas and approaches, commercial excellence, optimized execution and performance, cross-functional and project leadership, managerial skills in leading teams, and their personal efficiency.
- Works with Marketing to help refine and understand customer/market requirements. May also spend time with customers/end-users and invest in understanding customer environment and customer needs.
- Leads the creation of the cross-functional project plan, including budget and resource planning, to fulfill the product concept.
- Resolves personal/team disputes and project/functional disputes by working with appropriate functional leaders as needed to resolve issues around functional input, expertise, or skill sets needed on the project(s).
- Seeks to eliminate or minimize critical barriers to progress, including raising significant hurdles to Senior management's attention for resolution.
- Provides work definition and direction to the assigned cross-functional Core Team Members.
- Aligns and leads cross-functional activities to deliver the product on time and on budget per contract while meeting agreed upon technical, operational, business and customer requirements.
- Works with the Finance and Marketing Team Members to develop the financial analysis of the project as needed.
- Is responsible for the project budget including capital equipment requirements, accountability includes leading project/projects to approved spending by development phase as well as handling fiscal year budget implications.
- Leads successful commercial, design, and business reviews for the assigned projects, bringing up appropriate risks/ issues/concerns of the team to appropriate functional leadership and/or the portfolio decision team.
- Ensures quality, reliability, stability of product design including acceptability of product by intended customers.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of assigned projects, e.g. dashboard report and updates business databases.
- Responsible for updates to various governance bodies with the business.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to communicate with customer personnel at all levels (IT, Clinician, Management).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and distill large sophisticated problems into constituent components. Ability to integrate and synthesize numerous complex data to derive clear and measurable information.
- Demonstrated experience as a hands-on leader with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and advise all functions involved in the development of the assigned product.
- Ability to fully understand and integrate all functional plans into a cross-functional work plan.
- Ability to understand timing and dependencies of activities occurring in different functional areas.
- Ability to recognize and negotiate cross-functional tradeoffs based on their merits.
- Ability to lead and drive the identification, measurement, and mitigation planning of all project risks, including technical, schedule, business, resource, based on detailed understanding of the technical and business content of the integrated project plan and the work breakdown.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally within the project team and in a sophisticated matrixed organization.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity
- Ability to travel at times up to 15%.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant Core Team Lead or Core Team Member experience. MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of team leadership in product development with progressively growing complexity of assignments. Relevant experience in medical devices, IVDs, or pharma highly preferred.
- Prior experience with a life science project, in particular one dealing with microorganism identification or antimicrobial susceptibility is strongly preferred.
- Experience with clinical trials is preferred.
- Experience in a regulated environment; preferably a medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, especially 510(k) and PMA submissions.
- Experience with project management tools and methods.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Come Join Us!
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego - Road to the Cure
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ