Sr. Project Manager: Engineering
Job Description SummaryEngineering Program/Project Management is responsible for managing the execution of programs and/or projects consisting of single or multiple projects and/or programs. May manage project and/or program managers within assigned program and/or project. Works within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
Engineering Program/Project Management is responsible for managing the execution of programs and/or projects consisting of single or multiple projects and/or programs. May manage project and/or program managers within assigned program and/or project. Works within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
- Lead, facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to-day activities required to ensure product launches are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies,
- Management of key projects supporting end of life, quality improvement, and cost reduction initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Successfully lead a team of cross functional team of subject matter experts in a highly matrixed organization
- Effective and frequent communication of status of project status to all levels of the organization
- Actively use project management tools to independently manage projects to maintain the production life of the product
- Independently manages scope, schedule and cost/resources within predefined constraints
- Facilitates team dialogue to identify all project execution risk, and manages mitigation strategies/plans
- Establishes and executes a project communication plan
- Collaborates well with others building effective working relationships; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others to influence important outcomes
Professional and Key Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience
- Experience leading engineering projects (mechanical/electrical)
- Understanding of key quality systems: i.e. change management, design reviews, IQ/OQ/PQ, V&V, design controls, and APQP/PPAP
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communications, presentation, and written skills
- Ability to remove team roadblocks through creative problem solving, negotiation, or conflict management skills. Rarely calls upon others to help solve organizational roadblocks.
- In-depth knowledge and application of industry recognized project management principles and tools
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to manage and lead through influence
- Ability to train and coach others
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Functional Management experience
- Experience managing and driving virtual teams
- Project Management certification
- Medical Device experience
- High level of energy, initiative, and results driven
Yes, 10% of the time.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ