At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Supply Chain jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Supply Chain careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Supply Chain at BD may be waiting for you!
Sr Supply Chain Project ManagerApply Now Job ID R-19027 Date posted 09/14/2017
Job Description Summary
The Sr Supply Chain Project Manager is a high visibility position that manages process innovation, system implementation, standardization, planning and project management activities for New Product Introduction within the Supply Chain Organization.
The role requires the ability to interact with and develop a diverse and highly talented team of contributors. The role requires the ability to understand the end-to-end supply chain activities, think strategically to establish the supply chain of the future while being able to execute tactically and execute the delivery of innovative and creative planning analysis and solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is critical to business-wide logistics, planning and procurement process support; including responsibilities to lead, manage and oversees all aspects of implementing solutions in one or more of the following process areas:
- Requisition to Pay
- Transportation Management
- Inventory Management
- Production & Supply Chain Planning
- Long term planning and rough cut capacity planning
- S&OP and forecasting models
The Sr Project Manager will be required to effectively collaborate with internal and external business partners to identify needs in people, process and technology to support New Product Introduction. The Sr Manager is required to develop detailed options and lead effective implementations by applying a disciplined, logical and comprehensive approach to problem solving. The Sr Manager will also provide direction to Supply Chain and Operations Management in order to effectively propose and collaborate on developing opportunities
The Sr Manager continually assesses current and required work flows, business processes and systems for designing and implementing best practices to successfully launch new products and maximize efficiencies after release
- Works with supply chain process stakeholders, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Customer Service and Marketing to ensure alignment in the design of new solutions
- Liaises with business units when developing and / or changing policies, programs or processes
- Develop presentations that provide analytical insight and recommendations on standardization and process improvement
- Completes activities necessary to accomplish the expected outcomes of multiple elements of a projects as assigned
- Maintains overall accountability for documentation, status reporting and work planning
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Exhibits enthusiasm, positive professional attitude, integrity, reliability, and leadership
- Technical skills and effective data management are required, specifically the ability to develop complex modeling/reporting in Excel, work with relational databases in MS Access, and create effective presentations in Power Point
- Advanced level user of SAP and Business warehouse tools
- Advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Focus and interest in identifying, learning and implementing new tools and technologies
Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience, preferably in a global supply chain environment
- Demonstrated record of successfully managing complex projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools including; value stream mapping, fishbone diagrams, FMEA, pareto analysis, cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated leadership, people skills and high ethical standards
- Lean Six Sigma experience and or certification preferred
- Project management certification, strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of S&OP process
- Advanced level user of SAP preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status