Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Staff Software Engineer
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Medication Management Solutions
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team is able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, increasing safety, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
About the role:
MMS Infusion is looking for a Staff Software Engineer with full stack experience who has a passion for developing high quality, customer focused and impactful SW products.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes, provide technical leadership for team to deliver software that satisfies the needs our internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation. Mentor and guide other team members on patterns and practices to produce high quality software.
- Partner with Test Lead and Product owner to provide end-to-end ownership of team desirables.
- Work in a scrum-based agile development process which plans, and builds features targeted to a release.
- Collaborate with product owners, user experience designers, and technical stakeholders to deliver software that not only functional and technical requirements but provide delightful customer experiences.
- By applying an agile mindset, fosters the incremental delivery of value by the team and directly supports the grooming, refinement, development, and testing activities of the team as-a-whole through the collaboration and collective definition of story acceptance criteria.
- Ability to perform in fast paced, multiple global team agile environment.
- Experience in applying microservices principles, design, and architecture patterns.
- Proven technical expertise and leadership in full stack development.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
- Communicates clearly, succinctly, and persuasively to all levels of employees.
- Experience in
- Proficient in C#. Full-stack experience; React, Node.js a plus.
- Agile software development processes - Scrum or Kanban
- Automated testing tools and frameworks
- Secure Development practices & Code Quality – SonarQube, White source
- CI\CD toolchain - Github, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Terraform
- Agile tools – Azure Boards, JIRA, Rally etc.
- Deployment environments & Platforms - K8S, Azure (preferred) or AWS cloud environment
- Working in regulated environment or Medical SW a big plus.
Education and experience required:
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience building enterprise-quality software
- Designing and building web-based applications in cloud and hybrid platforms (MS Azure preferred)
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.