Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Are you a clinical or research flow cytometry scientist who is interested in a career away from the bench? Do you enjoy flow cytometry but would like an opportunity to teach customers and troubleshoot scientific problems? Then this opportunity may be right for you.
BD is looking for a Technical Service Scientist to work with customer who have experience troubleshooting flow cytometry applications.
The Technical Services Scientist will be responsible for providing advanced technical and scientific support to customers and field associates on research and clinical products applications and software. Associates may specialize in a particular area of products offered, but has a basic knowledge of all BD Biosciences (BDB) products.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that customer needs and expectation s are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Acquires new knowledge and skills to meet the changing demands of the department. Provides guidance and training when necessary.
- Exhibits general project management skills. As a skilled specialist completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Answers phone call emails and transferred issues and responds appropriately to requests and inquiries.
- Applies excellent customer service skills to each interaction.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots complex flow cytometry system problems over the phone and by email.
- Develops expert solutions to effectively resolve problems. Communicates solutions effectively and follows up to verify resolution
- Accurately records customer and issue details, advice given and actions taken to resolve problem according to departmental procedures.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in reagents, applications and software, and develops expertise on all other product lines.
- Participates in training as required.
- Provides technical guidance and training to other Technical Service associates as needed. Monitors training needs within group and initiates new training as appropriate in the area of expertise.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Technical Service associates are able to adequately support products
- May make occasional field visits to customer sites to gain understanding of applications, customers’ requirements and assist field personnel with unusual problems.
- Identifies significant trends, product defects or new issues of strategic importance and communicates them to management, service, research, production, marketing or engineering as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with all departmental and company policies, SOP and work instructions.
- Actively participates in overall departmental coordination, strategy and planning for support in are of expertise. General project management.
- Serves as a department representative for meetings and cross functional teams. Provides effective and timely communication to update status, action plans or requirements.
- Provides suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Represents BDB at trade shows, seminars webinars to internal and external customers.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Ph.D. Min 2-4 years of hands on experience in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or equivalent. Strong communication, organizational and writing skills are a must. Substantial knowledge of current scientific literature, state of the art technologies, theories and principles are required.
- Masters: Min 4-6 years of hands on laboratory experience in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, technical services or R&D experience. A demonstrated proficiency in product support, communication, organizational and writing skills is a must. Substantial knowledge of current scientific literature and state of the art technologies is required.
- BS/BSc Min 6 years with Technical service or relevant R&D experience in immunology, cell biology, or molecular biology. Demonstrated proficiency in product support with strong organizational skills and writing skills a must. Substantial knowledge of current scientific literature and state of the art technologies is required.
- General knowledge of all BD Biosciences reagents and software(required)
- Strong understanding of flow cytometry ( Required), western blots and ELISA technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting flow applications
- Strong knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheets and presentation programs
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective decision making, execution and problem solving skills.
- Requires good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Individual must be highly organized, capable or working independently, and able to meet deadlines.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing