Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
BD is looking for a Clinical Applications Scientist to provide advanced support for BD Biosciences (BDB) flow cytometry products. The ideal candidate will have expertise in a broad-range of Clinical Flow Cytometry applications, including leukemia and lymphoma, immunodeficiency, cross-match, stem cell enumeration, DNA ploidy, transplant medicine, and antibody-mediated therapy assays.
The Clinical Applications Scientist serves as a subject matter expert for strategic product applications in Flow Cytometry; provides pre- and post- sales support to sales associates based upon customer and BDB business needs. He/she takes part in system validation activities throughout all phases of product development process; providing voice of the customer expertise to marketing, business development, and product design teams; acting as a technical training and consulting resource for our in-house and field-based technical teams, sales, and service organizations.
The Clinical Applications Scientist serves as an expert in multicolor flow cytometry applications, has a strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (Instruments, software, reagents) and understand major competitor platforms; must stay scientifically up-to-date and engaged in a fast-moving field in which our business participates and possess a deep understanding of BDB customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports critical customer sites by applying his/her expertise in with multi-color flow applications; demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (instruments, software, reagents) to provide product demonstrations, troubleshooting, assay/workflow design and other technical consultations as needed.
- Understands major competitors’ platforms and stays scientifically current and engaged in fast- moving fields in which our business participates and deeply understand BDB customer needs.
- Provides voice of the customer information source for Marketing, Product Development, Business Development and other departments. Participates as a member of product strategy teams as assigned. Collaborates with appropriate departments to develop technical presentations, applications notes and other communication materials.
- Trains field-based and in-house technical applications associates as assigned.
- Provides technical support at tradeshows, user’s meetings, workshops, and other special Cell Analysis venues as appropriate. Acts as a technical resource for internal associates. Ensures technical knowledge transfer between all customer facing teams
- Keeps abreast of the U.S. and non-U.S. regulations affecting own area of job function as well as customer’ specific regulatory requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. Ensures safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological or Life Science Discipline; and/or degree in Medical Technology
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Flow Cytometry, including instrument setup, sample preparation, and data acquisition and analysis.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Clinical Flow Cytometry.
- Expert in multicolor flow applications.
- Strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (instruments, software, reagents) and understand major competitors’ platforms.
- Experience with instrumentation and assay troubleshooting and in the development of assay/workflow designs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Ability to travel 60-80%.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing