Associate Director, Global eBusiness Product Manager, BD Biosciences
Job Description SummaryWe are recruiting for a highly driven cross-functional Associate Director, Global eBusiness Product Manager to join our newly formed eBusiness organization for BD Biosciences. The role reports to the Director of eBusiness and has overall accountability for leading the day to day operations and enhancements for the existing web and eCommerce platforms for bdbiosciences.com. The incumbent directly manages a growing team responsible for developing solutions to address customer experience, managing user stories, and prioritizing and launching those to evolve this growth engine for the organization. This team leader will also be engaged in a parallel effort to upgrade and build a new separate site that will replace the existing one.
The selected candidate will lead multiple related but distinct projects with teams comprising members of marketing, IT, shared services (corporate digital team, legal, regulatory, etc.), marketing communications, and external consulting resources to ensure seamless experience in the web and eCommerce channel. To be effective, it is imperative the incumbent develops relationships across the organization to ensure that the online experience needs across the business unit and regions are fully understood and responded to as interrelated components of one cohesive master strategy, in sync with the corporate business direction and requirements.
- Ensure alignment of the web and eCommerce product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives keeping the customer needs in mind.
- Develop, launch and optimize company’s websites and eCommerce platforms in international markets, balancing retiring a site with launching a new one in the future.
- Provide expertise in digital content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and measurement.
- Design & deliver new functions, features, channels and devices.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all digital channels of content.
- Evaluate customer responsiveness to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and analytics to make recommendations based on those results. Work with owners of marketing content to revise and measure effectiveness with the online users.
- Understand and integrate offline customer experiences into the online vision; deliver modern, online leading customer experience.
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual planning process and calendar for website changes / improvements; ensure that team delivers.
- Develop online store strategies that increase website traffic, improve purchasing frequency, improve conversions, and increase average order size.
- Use and analyze website date to monitor ecommerce performance and develop action plans for underperformance.
- Use test & target and other tools to promote a culture of testing and fast improvements to the customer’s experience.
- Focus on usability of website, using small improvements to drive adoption and loyalty.
- Lead cross-functional stakeholders on key design decisions, resource allocation, project planning activities, content needs and completion of deliverables on time.
- Lead the planning process ensuring customer stories are translated into the right requirements to drive an enhanced user experience.
- Work with functional leaders and global and regional marketing resources to ensure the appropriate collaboration and communication occurs at all levels of the organization.
- Lead, direct, coach, and mentor team members and direct reports to maximize the success of the digital projects.
- Ensure external vendors and strategic partners accomplished their contracted deliverables.
Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical field and a minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience in eBusiness, digital product management, product management and/or IT.
- Ability to lead cross-functional leadership in a matrix organization.
- Must have leadership and management experience of a web/eCommerce team and have a track record in attracting, retaining and developing talent.
- Appropriately shares own viewpoint and opinions, even when they may be negative or unpopular. Encourages the free exchange of information and opinion.
- Strong creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to our marketing campaigns in a collaborative manner
- Experience in medical device, diagnostics or life sciences preferred. Experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience in managing contracts and working with external contractors.
- Ability to multi-task and work with conflicting design demands and with teams in different geographical locations.
- Strong project management skills and learning capabilities. Agile methodology and PMP certification or equivalent are preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong meeting management skills.
- Experience in web, ERP and eCommerce systems.
- Comfortable in a global, fast-paced, always-on, highly matrixed environment with limited resources.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time (domestic & international)
- The ability to lead and inspire, directly & indirectly, large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company's stated goals.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ