Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
BD is revolutionizing single-cell biology through the invention and application of technologies – such as BD Rhapsody™ and BD™ AbSeq – to enable researchers to delineate the complexity of biology. The successful candidate will be an excellent field support engineer for the US customer base. She or he will empower the delivery of single-cell analysis pipelines and visualization solutions to a growing customer base. Success in this role requires a strong bioinformatics and data science expertise, with exceptional problem-solving skills, and motivation to enable customers with new technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand computational and analytical needs from customers; define the informatics and analysis solutions as well as data journey for customers
- Test, deploy, automate, run and support next-generation sequencing informatics tools
- Troubleshoot data analysis issues and address questions from internal and external customers
- Benchmark and evaluate pipeline performance, recommend and implement improvements
- Educate sales and support teams on NGS, data analysis requirement and customers’ data journey
- Be the champion for customers, lead voice-of-customer data collection, and use these to influence product development core teams
- BS degree in biology, computer science, or related field, MS/PhD preferred
- Experience implementing and running next-generation sequencing analysis pipelines
- Experience with any of the following: docker, common workflow language (CWL), Seven Bridges, Arvados, AWS
- Experience in an external customer-facing role
- Molecular biology and/or immunology background preferred
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment, quick learner with ability to adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/strong presentation skills
- Previous experience in customer-facing role desired
- Highly motivated, responsible, independent self-starter, and problem solver
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data formats (FASTQ, SAM/BAM, FASTA)
- Experience in generating content for customer and stakeholder training
- Experience with single-cell RNA-seq assays or other NGS assays highly desirable
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing