Cost Analyst, Operations FinanceApply Now Job ID R-336016 Date posted 04/19/2019
Job Description Summary
The Cost Accountant, Operations Finance provides Financial and Accounting support for the Instrument Operations organization of BD Biosciences. This includes developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning and control. Supports the Company’s annual budget process, including department spending, manufacturing variances, inventory, capital, and budget allocations. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Works on projects/problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of tangible and intangible variables. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Essential job responsibilities
- Responsible for development and maintenance of monthly variance and expense analysis based on current trends and sound business assumptions. Investigates complex questions concerning this analysis and provides additional data to managers.
- Responsible for supporting SORP Instrument manufacturing. This would include product costing, work order and sales order analysis, manufacturing variances and day to day support of production activities.
- Performs financial analysis in the areas of resource utilization, financial performance optimization, working capital requirements, and performance verse Budget.
- Supports the Company’s annual budget process and quarterly forecasting process, including Headcount, Spending, Manufacturing Variances, Capital expenditures and Inventory.
- Manages and coordinates the annual standard setting processes for the Operations Finance team.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Supports the month end closing activities for the Business.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance plus 3 to 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience required
- Manufacturing experience required
- Requires understanding of cost accounting principles including standard costing and inventory management
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills required
- Financial analysis experience strongly preferred
- Experience with SAP and/or Hyperion preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Similar Job Openings Nearby
Join our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about career opportunities, news and events.Sign up
Find Your Role
Select a job category, location or group to view its corresponding jobs.
Jobs By Category
- Accounting Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Application Development Jobs
- Bio Technology Jobs
- Business Development - M&A Jobs
- Communications and Public Relations Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Support Jobs
- Drafting Engineering Jobs
- eCommerce Jobs
- EHS Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Ethics & Compliance Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Field Service Engineer Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Financial Systems Jobs
- HEOR Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Machine Operator Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical Affairs Jobs
- Other Engineering Jobs
- Procurement Jobs
- Product Engineer Jobs
- Product Stewardship Jobs
- Production Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Purchasing Jobs
- Quality Jobs
- Quality Engineer Jobs
- Quality Intern Jobs
- R&D Intern Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Research and Development Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Management Jobs
- Sales Intern Jobs
- Software Engineer Jobs
- Supply Chain Jobs
- Systems Engineering Jobs
- Technical Writing Jobs
- UX/UI Jobs
Jobs by Category + Location
- New Jersey Machine Operator Jobs
- New Jersey Sales Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Jobs
- New Jersey Production Jobs
- New Jersey Marketing Jobs
- New Jersey Bio Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Product Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Supply Chain Jobs
- New Jersey Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Customer Support Jobs
- New Jersey Professional Services Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Project Management Jobs
- New Jersey Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Software Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- New Jersey Research and Development Jobs
- New Jersey Finance Jobs
- New Jersey Medical Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Administrative Jobs
- New Jersey Information Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Accounting Jobs
- New Jersey EHS Jobs
- New Jersey Systems Engineering Jobs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org