Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Director Service Quality Assurance, Life Sciences reports to the BDB Sr. Director Global Service, with a dotted line to the IDS VP Global Technical Services. As a member of the Life Sciences segment, this leadership position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies and initiatives that create and foster a culture of exceptional service quality globally. This position is responsible for understanding and driving up to date quality standards and best practices throughout the global and regional technical services organization, while developing a worldwide network of service quality professionals across the Life Sciences segment. The position is also responsible for identifying strategic continuous improvement product and process initiatives with cost savings potential. The candidate will lead individual contributors and small teams to implement projects on time and budget, while effectively measuring for success against key performance indicators (KPI’s). The candidate shall communicate well and optimize work in the BD matrix with segment, business, function and global center of excellence and regional technical service partners. The candidate is a keen observer and idea generator who can develop hypothesis for investigation and support recommendations with clear data. The candidate has a proven track record of delivering quality assurance, while putting the customer at the center of everything they do to enhance the internal and external technical service value proposition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy global strategy to consistently deliver exceptional and measurable Service Quality around the globe for the Life Sciences Technical Services Organization, with equal support across both BDB and IDS business units.
- Ensure technical services organization is up to date and complaint with regulations and Quality policies and procedures.
- Identify, drive global service initiatives to improve customer and associate experience and reduce cost.
- Lead large cross-functional team projects to drive standardization, stability, and simplification of global services process.
- Create and lead a global network of green/black belts and support the successful execution of global Six Sigma projects.
- Leads the charge in transforming service data into valuable business insights.
- Maintain operational responsibility for executing quality standards and initiatives, including global CAPA awareness, associate training, scope determination, timeline and implementation.
- Partner with regional complaint centers to drive improvements across key quality assurance initiatives surrounding complaint investigation, closure, and after action review dissemination. Represent BDB and IDS business units as technical services quality assurance leader in planned and unplanned audits (e.g., MDSAP, FDA), organize any findings and actions, along with steps to close gaps, while communicating to technical services leadership and key functional partners on status.
- Work with department training coordinators across BDB and IDS global and regional teams to ensure associate training via C2C is appropriate to department roles and evaluated and updated periodically eliminating incorrectly assigned coursework.
Skills and Competencies:
- Organization & Planning: Independently organizes personal and organizational projects and tasks, setting measurable objectives and goals for management of multiple simultaneous projects, enlisting resources to efficiently meet project needs.
- Problem Solving, Analytical Skills and Professional Judgement: Uses a combination of logic, analysis, experience, wisdom, and advanced methods to make decisions and solve problems, demonstrating the ability to solve difficult problems and create effective and innovative solutions.
- Decision Quality: Accurately assesses risk and clarifies ambiguous situations to make good decisions, developing alternatives with clearly documented consequences for each possible course of action.
- Communication Skills: Skilled facilitator for small and large groups and organizations, adapting content and style to engage audience, and able to articulately respond to impromptu comments and questions.
- Action Oriented: Demonstrates a significant bias for action to execute key objectives, while actively seeking other opportunities to contribute.
- Composure: Responds constructively in stressful situations and effectively calms others while taking action to resolve the root cause of the situation causing stress.
- Flexibility: Adapts plans to changing priorities, modeling and practicing key principles of change management.
- Process Effectiveness: Independently identifies the most efficient way to simplify and implement complex processes.
- Process and Service Acumen: Thorough understanding of service-related processes and service engineering with ability to independently influence organizational direction.
- Organizational Agility: Is cognizant of organizational culture in a matrixed environment and appropriately adjusts personal style to be effective. Builds numerous and beneficial relationships through personal networks, inside and outside the organization.
- Influencing Others: Leverages internal or external experts or third parties to influence others towards an intended course of action. Experienced at using multiple chains of influence to achieve broad organizational acceptance
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Anticipates the organizational impact of change, rising to the challenge, applying ingenuity, while accepting risk and uncertainty as normal.
- Building Effective Teams: Builds mission-driven, cohesive teams of people, sharing team wins and successes throughout the organization to instill team member value and appreciation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 or more years of people and or project management, leading cross-functional teams showing progressive leadership.
- 5 or more years of Quality, global or regional technical service experience.
- Experience working in an FDA/ISO-regulated environment.
- LEAN certification or Certified Six Sigma GB/BB/MBB
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Project management, PMP certification.
- Master’s or advanced degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience working and traveling in a global role.
- Experience with leveraging Minitab, SAP, Trackwise, ServiceMax, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Power BI.
- Basic knowledge of Healthcare IT.
- Basic knowledge of medical device hardware and software cybersecurity rules and regulations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 10%.
- Ability to view computer monitor and use keyboard for prolonged period of time.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing