Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Director of Technical Program Management for Product and Platforms will be responsible for defining and delivering scalable, reliable platforms and systems to advance the world of health. At BD Biosciences, we are looking for someone passionate about people, software technology, and program management.
The Director of TPM for Product and Platforms will have profoundly technical and program expertise with a mindset that can drive results with agility and leadership. We are looking for an inspirational team leader that can gain the support and efforts of stakeholders, teams, and task owners as you engage in understanding, solving, and accomplishing great things. In this role, you will be leading the organizational transformation to true agile software delivery to deliver solutions that improve patient outcomes. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in technical program management and a proven track record of delivering software in a highly transformative environment. Specifically, she/he will be an innovative, intellectually curious problem solver. This person does not need to have the “correct” answer to everything but, rather, should be able to quickly drive the conversation toward a productive programmatic solution by including the right stakeholders.
If you have a passion for people, genuinely agile software development, best practices, pushing the envelope, and driving innovation, then we want to hear from you.
- Work closely with executives to execute the technical vision and strategy and design and lead a multi-year technical roadmap.
- Partner closely across the organization to create, drive and deliver innovative, compelling, and user-friendly software products across all platforms. Inspire teams to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Unlock roadblocks at the corporate level and cultivate collaboration with senior technologists across BDB through leadership, creativity, intelligence, and presence.
- Demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize for execution, including attracting top-tier talent and quickly filling gaps in the existing team to accommodate growth.
- Able to lead from the front, prioritize, and drive the bigger mission forward by translating vision into results.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the existing technical program management teams and manage those who need more help.
- Measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness of working processes, build the next level of improvements, and set standards for deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability, security, and scalability.
- Partner with all technical functions across the company to ensure all organizations are in sync.
- Continue to improve the thriving engineering culture across all tech functions.
- Build and lead an organization with customer focus, world-class quality, and effective communication focused on decisive, fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions to conflicts, and a “no barriers” mentality.
- Serve as an evangelist for the team and overall culture, both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 15+ years of professional experience in engineering, with expertise in technical innovation, evolutionary architectures, and leading organizations.
- Experience building developer ecosystems in the Medical Device space.
- Track record of successful agile, digital transformation, and software product delivery.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 15+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience in medical software products.
- Experience communicating behind program architectures, including how and why they were run and the systems to run them.
- Knowledge of technical program management methodologies.
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs from concept to successful completion and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return, etc.
- Experience with .Net, Java, Angular, Azure DevOps, Jira, Atlassian.
- Experience with Lean Value Tree and Digital Transformation.
- Experience implementing instrumentation and monitoring solutions.
- San Jose OR Ashland based is strongly preferred. May consider remote
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA OR Ashland - FlowJo
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.