Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to: installation and service of diagnostic instrumentation, after-hours phone support, holiday and weekend on-site support, marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials support.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service.
- Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Accurately maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits.
- Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.
- Accurately maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current Corporate fleet policy.
- Interface effectively with other departments and managers to resolve customer problems and issues.
- Accountable for providing support to customers that meet BD standards of outstanding quality service at all times.
- Accountable for Company issued credit cards, travel advances, company vehicle, trunk stock of spare, and repair parts.
- As a representative of BD, promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment.
- Territory to include Philadelphia, Upstate NY, NJ and the NY Metro Area.
- 60% travel with 1-2 overnight stays per week.
- A minimum of a High School diploma
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience fixing instruments or components
- A valid Driver's License with a clean motor vehicle record
- 60% travel is required
- Flow Cytometry experience is a plus
- Technical military training
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Engineering, or other related technical or biological field
- Prior Field Service Engineer experience
- Individuals with previous experience fixing medical device instruments
- Previous customer interfacing role
- Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Familiarity with recent Mac and PC operating systems
- Experience with tools and test equipment such as digital volt meters and oscilloscopes desirable
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA NY - Glens Falls
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing