Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Do you have flow cytometry experience and enjoy teaching others? If so, this opportunity may be right for you!
BD Biosciences is looking for a Flow Cytometry Instructor. This position will be responsible for conducting technical training courses for BD Biosciences, Cell Analysis external and internal customers at the BD training center, virtually online, or at the client's site. In addition, the instructor provides field-based applications and sales support as assigned. The instructor can be located in San Jose, CA (preferred) or in another location in the US.
- Delivers classroom lectures and conducts laboratory training sessions
- Reviews lesson plans, laboratory exercises, training guides, and other course materials to support delivery of training
- Maintains knowledge and expertise with existing instruments, reagents, software, and applications, and develops expertise on new products
- Provides support for pre-sales activities, such as instrument, software, and reagent demonstrations in Sales and Marketing sponsored events (e.g., workshops, demonstrations at customer sites or at trade shows, seminars at customers sites or user group meetings)
- Provides product support for post-sales activities such as technical consultations at customer sites or via remote sessions (eg, teleconferences or webinars) and shares results of the visits and support sessions to ensure collaborative efforts among different customer-facing groups
- Assists customers with flow cytometry workflow development, optimization and implementation, and other support, such as multicolor panel design and assay development
- Delivers technical presentations in alignment with BD business initiatives
- Participates in escalations process. Participates in product incident report/customer complaint reporting systems
- Makes recommendations for new products and applications as well as enhancements for existing products
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for regulatory compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. As required, participates in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work
- Participates in regulatory compliance questions/issues escalations process
- Promotes a safe work environment, and participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Notifies management of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices
- Works independently, with minimum direct supervision
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years of flow cytometry experience
- Some experience in flow cytometric applications is required
- Ability to travel for field-based training and support up to 40% of the time
- A valid driver's license
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in life science or clinical fields
- Experience teaching technical topics
- Experience providing onsite sales technical customer-facing support
- Experience providing technical demonstrations in support of Sales
- Knowledge of BD Biosciences products
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing