Global Marketing Director, Single Cell Multiomics
Job Description Summary
The Global Marketing Director for Single Cell Multiomics will lead the global marketing function for Single Cell Multiomics including the BD Rhapsody Platform & Assays (WTA, Targeted, VDJ), BD AbSeq Portfolio, Multiplexing kits and other new technology platforms. The incumbent will be accountable for providing critical input into managing the Single Cell Multiomics portfolio, including portfolio strategy, new product development, developing and executing marketing plans, P&L management / optimization and developing marketing competencies within the worldwide and regional teams.
S/he will be an important member of the Single Cell Multiomics Platform Team representing worldwide and regional marketing for portfolio, go-to-market and commercial execution related decisions and investments. The incumbent will lead a small team of associates including both marketers and global customer support team. S/he will provide direction and oversight across the portfolio on both upstream and downstream activities. S/he will also serve as a project leader for key strategic projects as well as annual strategic planning deliverables such as Portfolio Review, ASR, Annual Marketing Plan and Marketing Budget.
Business and Portfolio Strategy
- Lead the team and partner with other Platform and Regional Leaders, and Product Development Core Teams to successfully define and execute on key customer, regional and sales considerations in portfolio decisions affecting commercialization, customer experience and go to market strategies in all regions.
- Manage the annual strategic and financial planning process for marketing in collaboration with the Global Platform Leader and Platform Teams, ensuring successful implementation of the total solution strategy required to accomplish customer adoption and financial objectives.
- Co-lead with R&D the quarterly Portfolio Review process including evaluation and financial analysis of new concepts in conjunction with the broader portfolio of projects in development.
- Oversee financial analysis of business results, including market share, revenue forecasts, pricing and exclusivity, financial planning, budget and P&Ls (risk exposure).
- Involved in the development of materials for periodic management reviews with the Single cell Multiomics Platform, Research Solutions Platform, BDB leadership.
- In addition, the Global Marketing Director will be accountable for leading, overseeing, coaching and developing a team of product marketers and technical product managers.
- Lead cross-functional teams for key strategic initiatives that involve addressing complex, multi-product and multi-region go-to-market strategies and competitive response taskforces aimed at maximizing growth for the overall BDB portfolio.
Where to play
- Oversee segment unmet needs and pipeline assessments in collaboration with the Regions and Research Solutions Platform to manage and refresh market segmentation (e.g., Market Atlas) and analyze key trends and critical market growth segments.
- Oversee development of market models and revenue forecasts for platform of products and across solutions platform.
- Oversee competitive benchmarking to inform new product concepts, line extensions and positioning of commercialized products.
- Oversee and lead immersion and activation of global customer segmentation solution.
- Collaborate with BDB leadership and Platforms to scout and analyze new technologies and companies.
How to Win
- Analyze business results including market share, buying process, promotional results, market research findings, competitive activity, etc. to inform portfolio and go-to-market strategies.
- Provides expert product marketing and brand management knowledge, experience, tools and guidance in the development of sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop SWOT, Key Issues & Opportunities, annual Marketing Objectives and Plan-of-Action.
- Oversee development of product roadmaps, including generating new product concepts with associated business cases to support portfolio review and annual strategic review.
- Provides expert strategic marketing knowledge, experience, tools and guidance in the development GPDS projects.
- Leads and/or oversees ideation, development and refinement of the brand platform including positioning, brand identity and message platform in collaboration with the Global Marketing and Regional teams. This includes the analysis of marketing channels and activities to recommend marketing mix to optimize brand activation, share of voice and spend levels, content needs, etc.
- Oversee development of economic value proposition and systematic segment-specific pricing guidance to maximize revenue/grows margin per customer.
Marketing Plan Execution
- Develop and execute annual marketing plan, tactical plan and manage budget for platform/products in partnership with Global Marketing.
- Oversee market research to assess unmet needs, awareness and perception, inform development and refinement product / platform strategy, design specifications and validation.
- Oversee development and execution of operational marketing tactical plan for Research Instruments and platform/products and manage promotional budget with global marketing.
- Oversee marketing mix strategy and development and communication of the brand strategy through relevant media channels, advertising placement, etc., including digital strategy, including website and online media in partnership with Global Marketing.
- Drives development of best in class Market Shaping Strategy and execution in collaboration with the regions and other platforms.
- In partnership with Global Marketing and the regions, oversee development of promotional and sales materials for Single Cell Multiomics, including channel strategy and mix.
- Oversee prioritization and development of publications and white papers in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee development of training plan within WW and regional sales and marketing teams.
- Oversee market research to assess awareness and perception and inform development/refinement of Single Cell Multiomics platform/product brand and product development.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA required with a concentration in marketing or strategy. BS in Genomics, Immunology, Biology or a relevant field preferred.
- Must have at least 12 years of business experience in the life sciences or medical device industry, including 7-10 years in marketing, new product commercialization, product marketing or strategic planning. Professional experience in the fields of Immunology or Immuno-oncology is highly preferred.
- Proven track record in upstream and downstream marketing, including ability to partner with R&D and oversee/lead teams on new product development, including product roadmaps and gated new product development activities supporting new project concept, definition, development, launch and commercialization.
- Ability to coach and develop a team to develop highly differentiated new products. Product launch experience necessary.
- Ability to coach and develop a team to build customer experience, technical support and customer education strategies.
- Technical aptitude to rapidly learn and assess new markets.
- Proven track record in strategic marketing, including market segmentation, customer segmentation, targeting, value proposition development, positioning, promotion, pricing, forecast, budget and performance management. Proven ability to partner with Sales organization.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, organized problem solving with strategic agility.
- Demonstrated success leading and supporting cross-functional teams, strong teamwork orientation.
- Must have leadership and management experience leading complex multi-functional teams through influence.
- Savvy in establishing relationship across a wide range of contacts – local sales & marketing teams, coordinating project execution working with different functional teams in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Superb cross-functional, project management and leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly convey concepts and strategies in verbal/written communications; able to simplify complexity and develop succinct and focused messages.
- Appropriately shares own viewpoint and opinions, even when they may be negative or unpopular. Encourages the free exchange of information and opinion.
- Strong creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to our marketing efforts and growth strategies in a collaborative manner
- Comfortable in a global, fast-paced, always-on, highly matrixed environment
- 20-30% travel (domestic & international)
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ