Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most exciting global health issues.
BD Biosciences (BDB) is a leading provider of high-quality flow cytometry and single-cell genomics solutions, scientific research and clinical laboratories. Here, we are leading the way by developing the best technologies that have the ability to look closer at the details of cells and diseases.
About the role:
As a Service Development Engineer, you will work with the Global Field Service Organizations and support such functions as; R&D, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Sustaining Engineering, to restore the operation of our customer’s instruments in the shortest time possible. You will also monitor service and reliability data from the field, as well as management reports and repair center feedback. Additionally, you will develop programs utilizing feedback and technical knowledge, which optimally utilize department resources and reduces customer downtime.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare service documentation including items such as service manuals, technical bulletins and field change notifications.
- Build and delivers product training programs to field service engineers, affiliates, and regional product support associates.
- Support the new products and assist in the development of product specifications to ensure reasonable reliability and serviceability.
- Install and services new products during product trials and prepare and reviews technical service information.
- Support regional support engineers via telephone or on-site to resolve non-routine technical problems.
- Attend reliability meetings and ECN reviews to provide service based input into product change decisions.
- Serve as liaison between customer service and research, engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance regarding the definition and resolution of product problems.
- Identify trends and problems in the field and makes recommendations to assist resolution. Promotes a safe work environment.
- Address corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- Participate in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work.
- May travel up to 10%- 15% of the time.
You will have a validated understanding of electronic, biomedical, and mechanical engineering. Hands-on experience in technical product support, field service, or similar technical role is vital. Additionally, you will possess effective interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and experience:
- BSEE or BSET in a related engineering subject
- Experience within BDB supporting flow cytometry equipment and resolving moderately sophisticated technical issues is desired.
- 4 years of technical support experience, or equivalent combination of related education plus experience.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing