Instrument Test Associate II
Job Description SummaryConducts production testing of assembled flow cytometers and related medical device products. May integrate systems and conduct a variety of electronic, mechanical, optical, fluidic and electromechanical activities on systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications. Will be expected to perform system level and subassembly level troubleshooting to determine root cause, and implement correction of assembly or material defects. Responsible for producing quality products on schedule. Typically works on assignments that moderately difficult, applies detailed technical knowledge. Generally receives some instruction, uses independent judgment for most activities and employs a high degree of initiative. Must be able to work in a team oriented atmosphere with assemblers, technicians, QA personnel, and engineers, completing tasks and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Conducts production testing of assembled flow cytometers and related medical device products. May integrate systems and conduct a variety of electronic, mechanical, optical, fluidic and electromechanical activities on systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications. Will be expected to perform system level and subassembly level troubleshooting to determine root cause, and implement correction of assembly or material defects. Responsible for producing quality products on schedule. Typically works on assignments that moderately difficult, applies detailed technical knowledge. Generally receives some instruction, uses independent judgment for most activities and employs a high degree of initiative. Work in a team oriented atmosphere with assemblers, technicians, QA personnel, and engineers, completing tasks and communicating effectively.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs instrument optimization functions after final assembly: laser alignment, pressure adjustments, electrical adjustments, etc.
- Performs final production testing and inspection to ensure products meet performance specifications and standards.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to resolve root cause of failure.
- Replaces or repairs defective components or assemblies, processes appropriate paperwork, may return unit to assembly for repair.
- Compares test results with specifications and records test data and plots test results. Generates required documentation to complete the Device History Record (DHR).
- Frequently requires engineering support to resolve complex and unique problems.
- Must be able to read and understand: detailed test instructions, assembly instructions, work orders, test results, Bills of Materials, Standard Operation Procedures, and all other documentation used to control our products and processes.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems. Determines, develops and documents troubleshooting techniques.
- Expected to provide feedback on production and test methods, product design issues, continuously strives to improve product quality and operational efficiency
- Will provide support to project teams whose objectives may be: quality improvement, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, reliability improvement, increase operational efficiency, or new product introduction.
- Assists in creating and updating process and product documentation.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain productive working relationships within the work team and with other functions. Collaborates with peers to achieve shared departmental goals.
- Collects and documents key measurements and data. Reviews metrics on a regular basis and strives to improve individual and group performance.
- Keep work area clean organized and safe
- Fill out time sheets, required paperwork accurately and on time. Keeps training file up to date at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions both verbally and in writing.
Working with mathematical probability, statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Good mechanical proficiency, dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
Must be able to reach, bend and lift 35 lbs daily.
Experienced in the use of: DVM’s, Oscilloscope and general test equipment.
Experienced PC or MAC user, familiar with: Word, Excel, Windows and/or MAC OS.
Must be willing to be trained in other areas of production where the skill level requirements may be lower.
Knowledge and adherence to safety procedures and programs
Strong knowledge of ISO 9000 and cGMP 21 CFR part 820.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
3+ years related experience in a high tech, manufacturing environment.
Experience working in a medical device manufacturing organization.
Experience testing and troubleshooting: laser based optical systems, fluidic systems, digital and analog circuitry.
Extensive knowledge of PC’s and networking environments.
Excel, Visio, Power Point(Required.)
Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma tools and concepts, Demand Flow Technology (DFT.)
Strong experience with Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visithttps://jobs.bd.com/
Becton,Dickinson,and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ