Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Process Engineer II
We are looking for a process engineer with expertise in colloidal science, particle characterization, and bioconjugation to join the R&D bead process engineering team for the BD Rhapsody Single-Cell Multiomics platform. This associate in this role will provide support for manufacturing and testing Rhapsody beads. The associate will work under minimum supervision applying wet lab chemistry techniques to make and test magnetic beads.
Primary duties include the following:
- Conjugate oligonucleotides to magnetic beads through a multi-step conjugation process.
- Perform characterization tests to evaluate performance of the beads.
- Characterize bead performance on Rhapsody platform.
- Support the setup of the manufacturing processes.
- Follow protocols, prepare technical reports and summaries.
- Follow recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in environmental health & safety training before stating the position. Participates in addressing corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed unsafe work practices.
- Work under minimum supervision, and follow all SOPs for manufacturing and analysis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with process engineering.
- Experience working with magnetic beads and coupling process.
- Familiarity with operation of routine laboratory instruments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to keep accurate and complete laboratory records and logs.
- Experience with single-cell RNA-seq assays or other NGS assays is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemistry, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- Must have wet laboratory experience.
- Must have experience using multichannel pipettes and practice good pipetting skills.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.