Production Lead -Manufacturing (3rd Shift, 10:00pm - 6:30am)
Job Description SummaryLeads, manufactures, and oversees the work activities of daily production Associates; supports both the Production Associates and or Supervisor in accomplishing daily activities and productivity goals. sets priorities and leads by good example.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Maintains consistent and efficient flow of daily production; produces quality products to meet daily schedules as issued by supervisor; assures that proper packaging and labeling procedures are followed.
- Spends significant amount of time daily in the production floor by manufacturing and leading the team.
- Assists in creating and promoting a positive and cohesive team environment and leads by good example.
- Maintains proper operation of line equipment and machinery by notifying Supervisor, Maintenance and/or Engineering Associates of downtime or process problems immediately.
- Assures that line is stocked with proper parts, components and/or supplies in the quantities needed to meet the daily production requirements.
- Repairs line rejects, properly marking parts and documentation of rejects; assists QA in evaluating customer complaints/reworks and identifying root causes and countermeasures.
- Suggest changes and/or modifications to equipment or processes to improve production efficiency, quality and/or Associate safety.
- Assures that all required guarding, light switches, safety devices and personal protective equipment are properly used on the line. Reports accidents/incidents to the or Supervisor.
- Assure that Production Associates are trained in and follow proper operating procedures, work instructions, safety procedures and quality requirements for each station and operation on the line.
- Sets-up and assigns a daily rotation schedule for Associates and Temporaries on the line; makes job assignments; relieves Associates on the line and/or fills in for absent Associates.
- Assists in resolving conflicts and coaches Associates in proper attendance, job performance and inter-personal behavior; motivates Associates and encourages a team spirit.
- Assures that Production area is clean and organized; Assures that BD policies, procedures, quality standards and safety procedures are followed by the Line Associates; Supervisor, Department Manager and/or other proper personnel when assistance is required.
- Collects data from the line and accurately records it in daily manufacturing reports, charts, forms and other paperwork.
- Additionally, have familiarization and demonstrated ability to perform all SAP transactions related to reagent production (ie process transactions, QN, ECR, ECO, PO, CB2, ZN, ZM, ZV, etc). Be able to create, revise and update procedures, to include BOMs and routings.
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the daily work activities of production and meeting everyday production output and productivity goals set by business.
- Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficien
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And, as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer! We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose (Reagents)
Work ShiftUS BD 3rd Shift 10pm-630am (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ