Production Planner II
Job Description SummaryResponsible for executing the production plan through timely production scheduling, coordination and effective utilization of available resources. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, more detailed instructions on new assignments.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews MRP and ensures timely and accurate planning/scheduling of product to support the plan. Develops and monitors detailed, achievable production schedules. Maintains accuracy of scheduling system from initial input of work order data through on-going maintenance, to completion and closure.
2. Proposes modification to planning guidelines as needed to provide for minimum inventory investment consistent with production objectives and constraints imposed by the manufacturing process.
3. Recommends process improvements to Planning process/system that are not in-line with the current requirements of OPS. Able to lead a Planning process improvement team with guidance.
4. Participates fully in a multi-functional process improvement teams and represents Planning’s interest in the process. These would include CI teams as well as System upgrade teams such as Everest.
5. Initiates action plans to prevent occurrence of problems which may delay timely planning, and follows up on their completion.
6. Maintains accuracy of assigned data fields in material planning system
7. Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
8. Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
9. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• A thorough knowledge of operational logic and use of MRP, inventory control, production scheduling, and capacity planning. Knowledge should be equivalent to attainment of APICS certification.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
• Basic math skills
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Basic Word skills
• SAP expertise using MRP and scheduling Workorders
Education and Experience:
Requires a BA in a related discipline and five years experience in Production Control, Planning, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders
and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose (Reagents)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ