Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most sophisticated global health issues.
We have an exciting opportunity as Program Manager in San Jose, CA. Alternatively the location can be San Diego, CA or remote working pacific time zone hours with the willingness to travel to San Jose as needed.
In this position you will lead multi-functional Sustaining Core team(s) and Project team(s) within a matrix and, FDA and ISO compliant organization. You will be responsible for leading multiple sustaining engineering projects, and handle a high volume of projects by implementing a structured sustaining process to ensures timely completion. The Program Manager is accountable for leveraging new and diverse approaches resulting in optimized solutions by leading the team through technical, quality, regulatory, manufacturing, and commercial problem solving and decision making, ensuring that the functional specialists are held accountable.
Primary duties include the following:
- Lead and manage multiple Research and Clinical Sustaining Engineering Projects
- Demonstrate project / program management standard methodologies and contribute to improving the product redesign and sustaining products process.
- Lead key technical design and commercial excellence reviews, constructively challenging the team to rethink assumptions and approach headwinds in different ways.
- Lead cross-functional teams through problem resolution, including root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure the appropriate Core Team resources are committed to the projects and contribute to required performance levels.
- Lead, direct, coach, and mentor Core Team members to improve project success.
- Ensure projects / programs align with company quality management systems while identifying creative ways to provide speed to market.
- Build high morale and ensure the team commits to goals and objectives by creating a common purpose and direction.
- Possesses the skills and ability to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the process of sustaining products. Anticipates and understand implications across all functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience successfully leading complex, multi-year, new product development or redesigning of existing product programs, delivered through robust, cross-functional, teams based in a matrix organization.
- Experience in medical device or life science industries advantageous, management of whole systems development covering hardware, firmware, software and reagents strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent beneficial.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills coupled to strong business, strategic and financial competence.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills on a cross-cultural level with excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills, including engagement with Executive level management
- Exceptional leadership skills consistently delivering results. Inspirational and motivational balancing accountability with mentorship and support.
- Strategic and yet able to comprehend and handle details.
- MBA or other advanced business/management degree beneficial.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
At BD, we are strongly committed to investing in our associates—their well-being and development, and in providing rewards and recognition opportunities that promote a performance-based culture. We demonstrate this commitment by offering a valuable, competitive package of compensation and benefits programs which you can learn more about on our Careers Site under “Our Commitment to You”. The anticipated compensation range for this position is [insert salary range from Workday] and the compensation offered will depend on the candidate’s qualifications.
*BD follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE).
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ