Repair Center Technician
Job Description SummaryResponsible for repair of electronic, electro-mechanical, Flow Cell, Lasers and OEM products. Ensures conformance to current procedures and standards of accuracy, precision, and reliability. Completes tasks in creative and effective ways. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, upgrades and tests a wide variety of BDB products; electronic, electro-mechanical, Flow Cell, Lasers and OEM products.
- Ensures accuracy of all tasks performed, complying with existing material control procedures.
- Provides guidance and training to other lower level repair technicians in troubleshooting and repair techniques.
- Works closely with engineering to resolve unusual problems and/or make changes to established procedures as necessary.
- Repairs instrumentation and upgrades to current revision level. May plan daily work schedules of repair center technicians to meet forecasted stocking requirements.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting support to Field Service Engineers.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements.
- Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work.
- Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Follows BD Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area. Participates in EH&S programs.
- Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
- May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Thorough operational knowledge of all BDB Flow Cytometry systems; ie: FACSAria, FACSCanto, FACSMelody, FACSLyric, LSR, etc., preferably
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate, diagnose, repair and test electronic, electro-mechanical, Flow Cell, Lasers and OEM products.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated team work capability.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Typically requires 2 years of experience in the test and repair of instrumentation and control systems, or an equivalent combination of related technical education and experience.
- SAP experience is a plus
- High School/GED
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-430pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ