Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThis role is part of a team that manages the contract administration functions for reagent rental and related contract types (Reagent Rental Contracts, Reagent Plus Agreements, Reagent Purchase and Service Coverage Contracts, Option Acquisition Plan Agreements, etc.).
The primary responsibilities of this role include preparing complete and accurate contract proposals, performing contract administration and maintenance functions throughout the contract lifecycle (including maintenance of relevant systems), completing contract compliance tracking activities, and performing contract analysis and research.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents, and is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. The Company’s capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world’s most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than 70,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public. BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Sales Contracts Manager and/or Sales Contracts Consultant to ensure contract terms and conditions are negotiated in accordance with established BD contract standard T&C policies and procedures, as well as legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage the contract lifecycle processes, including (but not limited to) preparing contracts, updating relevant systems, facilitating internal approvals, contract execution, and retirements
- Facilitate both internal and external calls, in order to discuss and resolve issues and finalize contracts
- Respond promptly and accurately to sales and field sales personnel inquiries;
- Ensure customer and material master data is maintained accurately and completed
- Support BD sales team on issue resolution and deal management for reagent rental type contracts
- Maintain high level of customer support-responsiveness, timeliness, customer service (contract questions, issues)
- Perform post-execution activities and communication with post-deal counterparts in Instrument Order Management, Service Contract Admin, etc.
- Act as subject matter expert regarding reagent rental type contracts
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard policies and procedures to drive operational efficiencies
- Support process improvement projects (templates, standard terms, system updates, etc.) to drive such operational efficiencies and standardization of terms & conditions
- Maintain contract systems/files.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, including those of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S). Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area. Notify supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- 4-year college degree
- 1-3+ years of commercial contract administration experience preferred
- Must be able to work well both on a team and independently, and effectively multitask and prioritize workload to meet demanding deadlines, including flexible work hours
- Strategic and analytical problem solver with strong business acumen
- Demonstrated customer centricity skills
- Demonstrated ability to act with speed, agility and accountability to drive desirable outcomes
- Proven ability to establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, required
- Proficiency in Configure, Price Quote (CPQ), Salesforce, SAP, and Apttus (Conga) Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) applications highly desirable
- Customer Focus
- Enterprise Mindset
- Action-Oriented, Proactive
- Strong attention to detail
- Business/Operational Acumen
- Process Effectiveness
- Organizational Agility
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Jose
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing