At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Sales jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Sales careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Sales at BD may be waiting for you!
Sales Training Manager - (Flow Cytometry/ Field Sales)Apply Now Job ID R-19972 Date posted 09/13/2017
Job Description Summary
SALES TRAINING MANAGER - REMOTE
BD Biosciences is looking for a dynamic Sales Training Manager to join our team to help develop our sales professionals. The Sales Training Manager will cover three core elements:
1) Improve technical proficiencies in flow cytometry instrumentation and applications across research and clinical markets
2) Train sales representatives on value offers and messaging related to our product and service portfolio as well as sales tools (e.g., Salesforce.com, CPQ, etc.)
3) Develop sales capabilities in the area of prospecting, nurturing and conversion. The Sales Training Manager will be responsible for designing & developing content, leading training sessions, conducting assessments, measuring effectiveness and providing field coaching. The Sales Training Manager is also expected to stay abreast of market trends and be able to reconcile these against business objectives and priorities.
- BS degree in biology or life sciences. Master’s preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge in flow cytometry or related fields.
- Experience in supporting and/or developing and implementing learning and training plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Agile learner that is able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 30 – 50% based on geographic location.
- Role is based in San Jose. Opportunity to work remote.
- Prior sales experience in the life science industry is preferred
- Understanding of Salesforce.com and LMS system is preferred