At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Information Technology jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Information Technology careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Information Technology at BD may be waiting for you!
SAP Master Data Business Analyst 1Apply Now Job ID R-18757 Date posted 10/12/2017
Job Description SummaryEntry level position for the site Master Data Organization. Responsible for assisting in process definition and development of documentation related to SAP master data. Supports processing of ECR/O tasks and execution of create/change transactions in SAP for material, production, and quality master data as defined through documented processes. Provides the business with documented data requirements for each of the respective data elements within SAP. Coordinates and completes SAP data entry for material introduction, change and discontinuation through the defined processes. Participates in the analysis of master data and communicates to the business data findings based on this analysis. Participate and provide business support for Continuous Improvement projects as well as Functional Excellence improvements for the Global Product Development System (GDPS). Coordinates and collaborates with many functional areas of the business regarding all areas of product lifecycle data management. Typically requires detailed instructions on most work assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support SAP data entry tasks per ECR/O process workflow. Create/Change Material Master, Bill of Material, Routings, and other SAP records.
- Develop and build knowledge and skills around New Product Data Entry, Material Change requests and Discontinuations.
- Business Process Development & Documentation. Analyze cross-functional information dependencies and systems impacts. Assist with development of business process and system solutions. Provide input and document processes. Develop working knowledge of SAP business processes.
- Maintains close working relationship with Master Data Coordinator (MDC), or appropriate business partner, in order to insure data is complete and accurate prior to data entry.
- Information Integration. Partner with applicable departments/units to ensure cross-functional integration of information and processes. Review functional specifications to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Project Participation. Participate and engage in project meetings. Assist other team members with issue prioritization. Completes all assignments and project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Data Management: Develop the ability and knowledge of creating and changing SAP master data in the areas of Material Master, BOM’s, Routes, QM Plans and other required areas. High volume of data entry required.
- Data Quality. Develop capability to validate the data quality of other team members.
- Data Analysis and Issue Resolution. Work with MDBA II &/or III to identify data discrepancies, communicate them to appropriate MDC or business partner, research discrepancies and facilitate/coordinate their resolution.
- Participate & Support in the Annual Cost Project. Includes timely completion of all costing related change requests and communication of any issues or risks as they develop.
- Follows all Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures. Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area. Participates in EH&S programs. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Site Lead.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of SAP data fields (including, but not limited to Material Master, BOMs, Routes, QM Plans, etc) and their interdependencies with related data fields, along with a good understanding of the importance of ALL data elements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to handle conflict.
- Strong organizational skills with proficiency in various applications such as Excel, Word, Visio and Document Management Systems.
- Develop, apply and maintain current guidelines pertaining to SAP master data processes.
- Accountable for all aspects of production master data support, entry and ongoing data accuracy reporting.
- Knowledgeable of structured documentation and change control systems, tools for process improvement, Quality System Regulation, ISO 9000 and, where applicable, GMP guidelines.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and self-manage activities.
- Works as a team member on projects of average complexity under the general direction of a more senior analyst and/or management.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritize work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in a scientific, technical, or business discipline with a minimum of 1 year experience using SAP R3 system. 2+ years of internal business experience is preferred, however production master data experience within a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment or equivalent combination of related education and experience is acceptable.