Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Senior Scientific Advisor, High Dimensional Biology, US Region the Scientific Advisor, Data & Applications is a hybrid role combining data and applications generation along with scientific advisory and supporting sales through solutions-based workflows. The portfolio consists of both flow cytometry and single cell multi-omics technologies, capabilities, and services. S/he will support the market shaping and development programs in the US region by producing high quality during the pre-sales process for key accounts. The pre-sales support process will highlight the scientific value and differentiators of the BD platforms to meet and exceed customer needs. This role interfaces regularly with external customers and internal customer support groups, scientific liaisons, and application team members in the US region. The role requires technical expertise in the field of immunology, flow cytometry, and informatics. S/he will also support the pre-sales process by identifying areas of optimization in both the workflow and application for the customers. The BD Way of Selling approach will be used in partnership with the key accounts team. The role requires technical expertise in the field of immunology/immuno-oncology/flow cytometry/multi-omics and informatics.
• Collaborate with Scientific Advisors in High Dimensional Biology team to design and generate complex single cell multiomics and flow cytometry data to drive seminars/discussion with key accounts and market shaping efforts.
• Support in the design of end-to-end “BD Total solutions” to address scientific objectives for key customers.
• Support data generation experimental needs for select collaborations across multiple academic centers and Centers of Excellence in the US region.
• Provide scientific insights on target customer accounts to support key account specialists for sales review meetings and throughout sales process using THE BD Way of Selling.
• Reduce sales cycle for key accounts that require total solutions by partnering early with the customers and building customized value offers specific for their experimental needs.
• Serve as subject matter expert in the field of immunology, immuno-oncology and high dimensional biology for US region commercial team.
• Present at key sales tradeshows, regional user group meetings and key account events, as necessary.
Key Success Metrics:
• Generation of high dimensional flow cytometry and single cell data for market shaping and key account discussions.
• Increasing scientific relevance in selling opportunities with BD end-to-end workflow consultations at key accounts.
• Creating customized scientific presentations tailored for select accounts.
• Supporting deals and sales cycles that depend on scientific workflow inputs.
Education and Experience:
• PhD in Biological Sciences or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in the life sciences through academic research, R&D experience, or field applications.
• Strong experience in single cell, immunology, immuno-oncology and informatics.
• Ability to work successfully with sales and customer support in support of achieving sales and customer objectives.
• Familiarity with workflows pertaining to pharma/biotech industries in the field of immunotherapy, drug development and immuno-oncology.
• Strong project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Advanced analytical, verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
• Agile learner able to work with limited supervision.
• Organized and proactive with demonstrated ability to multitask and balance competing priorities.
• Excels working in a team and matrix environment.
Job Specific Requirements:
• 30-40 % travel (domestic)
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing