Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryOverview:
Reporting to the Sr. Scientific Advisor, HDB US Region the Scientific Advisor, High Dimensional Biology US Region will be working primarily with the key account specialists and sales members to accelerate and support scientific selling through solutions-based applications. The portfolio consists of both flow cytometry and single cell multi-omics technologies, capabilities, and services. S/he is expected to work primarily with key account specialists and sales members to accelerate and support scientific selling through solutions-based applications. S/he will support the pre-sales process by identifying areas of optimization in both the workflow and application for the customers. The pre-sales support process will highlight the scientific value offer and differentiators of the BD platforms to meet and exceed customer needs. The BD Way of Selling approach will be used in partnership with the sales team members. The will role regularly interface and partner with regional marketers, scientific liaisons, and application team members in the US region. The role requires technical expertise in the field of immunology/immuno-oncology/flow cytometry/multi-omics and informatics.
- Accelerate pre-sales process by working closely with sales associates in the evaluation sales phase using THE BD Way of selling approach.
- Identify customized account growth activities by partnering with key account specialists.
- Design End-to-End “BD Total solutions” to address scientific objectives for key customers.
- Reduce sales cycle for key accounts that require total solutions by partnering early with the customers and building customized value offers specific for their experimental needs.
- Provide Consultation for specific experimental design in the pre-sales process to enable study design from sample to data analysis with a one BD solution concept as their application/technology partner.
- Supporting select collaborations across multiple academic centers and Centers of Excellence in the US region.
- Visit customer sites to discuss their goals and the potential experimental power needed to achieve those goals, including technological challenges and opportunities.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the field of immunology, immuno-oncology and high dimensional biology for US region commercial team.
- Present at key sales tradeshows, regional user group meetings and key account events, as necessary.
- Conduct scientific training on latest scientific trends to internal sales and applications members, as necessary.
- Provide scientific insights on target customer accounts to support key account specialists for sales review meetings.
- Interact regularly with counterparts in other regions of the world to share insights and obtain feedback on scientific trends and market insights.
Key Success Metrics:
- Total Solution Application and Workflow Pre-Sales Consultations at Key Accounts
- Increasing scientific relevance in selling opportunities
- Creating customized scientific presentations tailored for select accounts
- Accelerating deals and sales cycles that depend on scientific workflow inputs
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree such as PhD in Biological Sciences is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the life sciences industry with direct sales, field applications or R&D experience
- Strong experience in flow cytometry, immunology, immuno-oncology and informatics.
- Strong working knowledge of Cell Analysis systems (i.e., instruments, software, reagents, services, support) and a deep understanding of major platforms accessible in the market is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret high dimensional data for presentations.
- Ability to work successfully with sales and customer support in support of achieving sales and customer objectives.
- Familiarity with workflows pertaining to pharma/biotech industries in the field of immunotherapy, drug development and immuno-oncology.
- Strong project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong and effective communication skills with scientific customers and internally with all levels in the organization. Intuitively and quickly assess people and situations and act accordingly. Demonstrate strong persuasion and negotiation capabilities.
- Excellent scientific presentation skills with proven track record of presenting at conferences and a large audience set-up.
- Advanced analytical, verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Engaging interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and influence customers and associates at all levels
- Agile learner able to work with limited supervision.
- Customer focus.
- Organized and proactive with demonstrated ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- Proven experience in a regulated, complex life sciences market.
- Ensure all interested parties have opportunities to influence and contribute to decisions and outcomes.
- Demonstrate and promote leadership courage by doing what is right. Instill confidence in customers.
Job Specific Requirements:
- 70-80 % travel (domestic)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing